Why is Sesame Street slowly dying?

Censored

Reaction score
Lone Wolf said:
What amazes me even more though, is that those who complain about the state of current SS, still watch it pretty regularly even though they don't like it. I mean, let's say you knew someone who say for example, doesn't like little kids, and yet eats lunch at Chuck E. Cheese every day I would wonder why they would subject themselves to that if they don't like kids and I wouldn't have any sympathy for their complaining either. :confused: Some people are just born masochits, I guess.

I'll say some people are born masochists. Just look at the people who read posts that they don't like and then complain about them. I can't speak for other nostalgic adults, but personally I don't watch current episodes of Sesame Street.

Censored

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Here are my 2 cents...

But there is one thing I don't like, using nostalgic thoughts as a basis for hate. The two (nostalgia and dislike) are mutually exclusive.

[/font][/color][/i][/indent]

I don't really see where hating a TV Show is so terrible. It's hating people that causes problems.

Censored

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
After all, that IS why Phil cracked the SS forum into 2, for nostalgic fans and for people who supported the show since they were young.

True, but this post WAS about modern Sesame Street. It was an opinion that the show was slowly dying in its current format and asking for suggestions about what could be done about it.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I don't really see where hating a TV Show is so terrible. It's hating people that causes problems.
I have nothing agaisnt hating TV Shows, but only if your reason is senceable - nostalgia is not a reason for hating. Your feeling of nostalgia is not releated towards defining something today as good or bad (or "dead").

GeeBee said:
True, but this post WAS about modern Sesame Street. It was an opinion that the show was slowly dying in its current format and asking for suggestions about what could be done about it.
I've re-read through this post and was wondering; what about the modern Sesame Street is so horribile? What don't you like about today's Sesame Steet? What changes are causing the show to be "the living dead", "being murdered", and "slowly dying"?

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I'll say some people are born masochists. Just look at the people who read posts that they don't like and then complain about them. I can't speak for other nostalgic adults, but personally I don't watch current episodes of Sesame Street.
Well if you don't watch it, then how can you say it's quality isn't good?! :confused:

And you keep telling me, "If you don't like my opinion, don't read it." Umm...it's not that simple. I like reading and posting in the discussion threads here and if I want to do that there's no way I can avoid reading the same redundant complaining you've been doing for so long.

You say you'll continue posting your opinion here wether the rest of us like it or not. Fine. You have just as much right to post here as any of us, but so do I. And I will continue to post MY opinion to tell you how annoying your incessant whining is, wether you like it or not.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Bottom line, whoever doesn't like what nostalgic adults are saying on this board does not have to read it.
It's not that I don't like what you're saying. I don't understand why you are saying it. What about the modern Sesame Street is so horribile? What don't you like about today's Sesame Steet? What changes are causing the show to be "the living dead", "being murdered", and "slowly dying"?

GeeBee said:
I don't know about vintage Sesame Street boring kids, but some people sure post some loooong and boring posts to defend modern Sesame Street.
Vintage Sesame Street is not a problem, but neither is modern Sesame Street. modern sesame street is not currupting or boring kids either. And if you don't like the loooong and boring posts defending modern Sesame Street, don't read them! "there is a little "X" in the upper right hand corner of most computers that will easily solve your problem." :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Then why do you want to be on this site?
TO TALK ABOUT THE WORKS OF HENSON! I thought that was fairly obvious.

It sounds like you have nothing, but contempt for the messages and all of the people on here. Why punish yourself? In any case, I will continue to say what I want as long as I'm not breaking any rules and I certainly encourage everyone else to do the same.
\

Contempt, eh? Am I the one harassing members about their avitars, or screen names? Am I the one who keeps spamming people 3+ times in a row in the same thread, then starts 3 other threads about how much you cannot stand anyone having a different opinion than you?

NO. I'm the one telling you to CALM DOWN! I'm the hateful contemtuous one? Reread all your posts...

A lot of us here, who WANT to be here have had it with you. I'm giging you a friendly warning to calm down, and keep this kind of "Broken record" complaining at the very least in the classic SS forum.

If this continues to go on, I'll make sure you are warned by Phil. And then, maybe you're banning. You have done NOTHING constructive here, just whined and whined. This is not a hateful comment, nor an opinion. It is real!

I'll stop defending, since there is no way you'll ever listen to a reasonable opinion or post, other than to start attacking it with zero tolerance.

As for Gelfling Waldo, and Lone Wolf.... let's give up the fight, and give our energy to something actually worth talking about....

Censored

Reaction score
Lone Wolf said:
Well if you don't watch it, then how can you say it's quality isn't good?! :confused:

And you keep telling me, "If you don't like my opinion, don't read it." Umm...it's not that simple. I like reading and posting in the discussion threads here and if I want to do that there's no way I can avoid reading the same redundant complaining you've been doing for so long.

You say you'll continue posting your opinion here wether the rest of us like it or not. Fine. You have just as much right to post here as any of us, but so do I. And I will continue to post MY opinion to tell you how annoying your incessant whining is, wether you like it or not.

I used to watch it until I couldn't take it anymore sometime in the late 90's.

You don't have to read or respond to my posts, but if you wish to try to match what you call "whining" to whining of your own, go right ahead. Sometimes it's good to hear the wolf's side of the story. I will continue to say what I have to say. If you don't like, you can just go log off.

Censored

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
TO TALK ABOUT THE WORKS OF HENSON! I thought that was fairly obvious.

\

Contempt, eh? Am I the one harassing members about their avitars, or screen names? Am I the one who keeps spamming people 3+ times in a row in the same thread, then starts 3 other threads about how much you cannot stand anyone having a different opinion than you?

NO. I'm the one telling you to CALM DOWN! I'm the hateful contemtuous one? Reread all your posts...

A lot of us here, who WANT to be here have had it with you. I'm giging you a friendly warning to calm down, and keep this kind of "Broken record" complaining at the very least in the classic SS forum.

If this continues to go on, I'll make sure you are warned by Phil. And then, maybe you're banning. You have done NOTHING constructive here, just whined and whined. This is not a hateful comment, nor an opinion. It is real!

I'll stop defending, since there is no way you'll ever listen to a reasonable opinion or post, other than to start attacking it with zero tolerance.

As for Gelfling Waldo, and Lone Wolf.... let's give up the fight, and give our energy to something actually worth talking about....
I've got news for you, cat. A lot of people have had it with you too. I've seen your negativity extend to a lot of people on here. I've gotten personal messages from other users, calling you a "jerk." (Their word, not mine).

You don't even know the meaning of the word "spam" and your're just showing your lack of knowledge.

You can take your warning and stick it in Inspector Gadget. I will continue to say what I want as long I brake no rules.

Yes, I think you should give up the fight. You're going to give yourself a heart attack. Calm down, for crying out loud and watch a vintage SS show.

Peace. :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I don't see this differance of opinon as a fight, I'm just trying to understand what GeeBee's opinion. Except we keep geting of topic and talking about people's right to say things rather than the discussion of why Sesame Street is "slowly dying".

GeeBee, I am courious, what is it about the modern Sesame Street is so horribile? What don't you like about today's Sesame Steet? What changes are causing the show to be "the living dead", "being murdered", and "slowly dying"?