1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why is Susan rarely seen on Sesame Street?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by teenintosesame, Aug 29, 2004.

1. I haven't seen her for a while. What happened to Susan?
  2. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Are u talking about the Linda Bove character or the character that Gina replaced?

BJ
  3. I mean the Susan that was played by Loretta Long and was put with Gordon(you know, the black one).
  4. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I believe that she still teaches in New York.
  5. You mean the actress that plays Susan is too busy teaching to perform on Sesame Street?
  6. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I have actually been wondering the same thing lately. I think that I saw every episode of season 35, and she made two appearences. The first was on the special, the "Street We Live on", and the second one was a very brief appearence when Gordon, Miles, Elmo, and Miles' grandfather made a band. She also appeared on the "What's the Name of that song?" DVD. However, other than that, Susan has not been on the show this season (that I know of). I dont know why, but I hope that in the next season she has a much more prominant role.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

She's a school principal last I heard. Gina plays Gina; Linda plays Linda.
  8. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Would that be too cool or what? Imagine having Susan as a principal! :zany:
  9. Fozzie Bear

I was just thinking about that. I dunno what I'd do--and it'd seem she could get some of the SS characters in to visit once in a while, too.

That'd be too awesome.
  10. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I thought that Susan was a nurse. (unless you are talking about the actress who plays Susan, and then nevermind.) I never knew that she became a principal. When did this happen? I know that Gordon is a science teacher - I wonder he works at the same school as Susan. Does anybody know anymore about this?
  11. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Susan's a nurse on the show and Gina's real name is Allison Barrtlet O' Riley.
  12. Fozzie Bear

Susan is a Nurse on the show, her actress, Loretta Long, is a principal in real life.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Bob McGrath was qouted as saying in in interview during the 35th Season that Loretta Long Ed. is speaking and doing college letures around the country. He said something to that affect!

By the way, Wo did Gina replace? I would really like to know this?
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, she came to my middle school in 2000 when I was in Grade 6, and shortly after her lecture was over, I tried to sneak out of the school to meet her but she had already gone... and embarrasingly, I (at that time) didn't know her by her real name, just by "Susan", and I knew if I was going to try to meet her I would've been like "Susan! Wait, please!"
    WHEN did Gina replace anyone?
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That what I'm tring to figure out?

By that way, what did she talk about! That's funny that you would havecalled her Susan, LOL! I think thay might understand, thuogh, as Rosco Orman has stated in his book about when people see of meet him and then don't know his real name.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't remember exactly, but I do remember she mentioned how Sesame Street got it's start, and her career in education.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Okay, thank you!:)
  18. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Guess what! I saw Loretta at work today. I was bagging groceries for her at Giant. She said she has been busy with her career and her family, but she plans on making a big comeback in season 38. She's going to try to appear in every episode at least in inserts.

APRIL FOOL!

That would be cool if that happened though.
  19. LincolnHeights

LincolnHeights New Member

Man! You got me bad! I was seriously fooled by that one. It would be really cool to meet her though and to find out exactly why she's rarely seen on Sesame Street anymore.
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You know, I know you were kidding from the minute I starting reading your posts.:zany: