1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wierd Things you don't get

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Well remember Kermit was rather reclusive for that time because The Muppet Show was no longer popular and he hasn't seen his friends in a long time. So he probably just had no desire to keep it up. I mean it's obvious when you see he has Piggy's picture covered up.
  2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

If both Kermit and Miss Piggy love kids, why don't they just have some?
    I mean, if they had kids, they probably wouldn't be so on again, off again, oh no not again...
  3. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I think it's because they're on again off again that they don't have kids. Also, I don't think it's legal to have kids without marriage.
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

If that were true jails would be filled to overflowing with unwed parents (mustn't forget fathers contribute as well).
  5. Vincent Liu

Breaking the law != going to jail
  6. Pinkflower7783

You have got to be kidding me. Umm...like someone said jails would be filled if that were the case.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Actually Kermit jokes they can't have kids because he's not sure if it's legal. Just like how he jokes he's not sure if a pig and a frog can be married cause he's not sure it's legal. Lol!

Although someone did bring it up on a radio interview Kermit did back in March and said maybe they could adopt instead and he was pretty open to it! He even said maybe he should think about it!!
    Vincent Liu and miss kermie like this.
  8. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Oh yay! CUE THE SONG!!!

Muuuuuuuupet Baaaaaaabies......
    mo likes this.
  9. Pinkflower7783

10. Vincent Liu

Or Muppet Christmas Carol style: the boys are frogs and the girls are pigs.
    DramaQueenMokey and Beauregard like this.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Wow this thread has taken an interesting turn. XP
  12. Pinkflower7783

Did you click the link I posted? You can hear Kermit's answer. :)
  13. Vincent Liu

I wasn't talking about your link, I was just listing another possibility.
    And Kermit's reply seems to be different in every interview.
  14. Pinkflower7783

I know you weren't TALKING about the link I was just asking is all. And it wouldn't be Kermit if he didn't give a different answer. The only thing that's been consistent with Kermit's answers lately is his relationship with Piggy but that's a different story.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Anyways...I think we've talked enough about Kermit and Piggy's future offspring. Time to get this thread back on subject. I think I can pretty much say I haven't watched anything with The Muppets where I don't notice something weird. Lol! It's The Muppets I think they invented weird. But in a good way! :D
  16. Vincent Liu

I regret posting in this thread. Now everything is going nowhere
  17. Powerstars

Powerstars Active Member

I don't get why in the beginning of MFS, Gonzo at one point refers to Noah as "Mr. The Ark." It's Noah's Ark, not Noah the ark.
  18. Vincent Liu

Maybe a reference to Mr. the Frog?
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Gonzo doesn't know Noah's name, the only thing he knows is that he has an ark. So he says "Mr. The Ark" to refer to him. When you really think about it, it doesn't make perfect logic, but you can figure that on the spur of the moment, Gonzo wasn't sitting there trying to figure out what would grammatically make sense. I think it was also more for a bit of humor too.
  20. Powerstars

Powerstars Active Member

Ah.