1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wierd Things you don't get

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

?
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's what I don't get...

What was the point of dubbing louder music and getting rid of the conversations at the end of the Muppet Movie?
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

At the end of the Julie Andrews episode, during the goodnight Kermit says that "this has really been a moooo-ving experience", referencing the cow backstage. But for the most part, the cow was only on-stage (the only known instance of the cow on-stage being when The Swedish Chef brings it on his set, but even then, does the audience see this or is the curtain down? I feel the Chef was preparing for his act, the curtain not yet up). So the audience (in the Muppet theater) wouldn't get the joke, unless there were monitors on the set to show them what happens backstage (but then we never see any such things in the Muppet theater).
  4. Vincent Liu

The audience laughs during backstage sequences, which means someway or another the audience can see the backstage.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

It's called laugh tracks guys.
    heralde likes this.
  6. minor muppetz

Does anybody else think Bobo's inclusion in the Stars and Stripes Forever video is odd? I know that the tune doesn't have any real lyrics, but all the other singers are characters who can't be understood well (well, also the penguins), and yet Bobo's also there, humming along. But I guess we should be thankful he was used there, considering he hadn't been in any new productions for a few years (of course the only really big productions in the last few years before that video were The Muppets' Wizard of Oz and From the Balcony).
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I think the characters' inclusions weren't so much because they can't be understood well, more so that the selection is funny just for the fact that the characters are usually ones that you wouldn't think of putting in a patriotic video...more of a humor thing over anything...
  8. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Why would The Muppets try so hard to get the theatre back, if it's not even the same one?
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

What production are you referring to?
  10. minor muppetz

I don't see what's so odd about putting Bobo there then. Gonzo or Carl would have been more appropriate choices.
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The point is that Sam is striving for a wonderful salute to America, and instead he gets a rag-tag bunch of random bozos...I think Bobo is mostly there for randomness's sake, Gonzo would've been too obvious of a choice.
  12. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not understanding the question. What exactly do you mean by the theatre not being "the same one"?
  13. miss kermie

Like, the original Muppet theatre is not the one used in The Muppets. Actually, I don't even think it's the same one in IAVMMC.

The Muppet Theatre from "The Muppet Show", is not, the same as the one, filling in for it.

It's not the original is what I'm saying.
  14. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The Muppets have never really had a cannon. For instance, TMM shows us how the Muppets first met, yet Muppet Babies totally contradicts that. Typically, writers for the Muppets don't worry about continuity. It just gives much more freedom. They probably decided to ignore the original theatre, and go their own direction.
  15. miss kermie

Well darn them.
    Beauregard likes this.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

It may not be the original set, but if you watch everything carefully, in each production the theater is supposed to be the same place, it has never moved...in IAVMMCM, they remade the Muppet theater set from TMS, in the new movie the set may not have resembled the original quite as much, but it still was said to be the original, just it was a bit more dilapidated.
  17. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Well snakes eat frogs! He thought if one was under his bed he'd be eaten.
  18. Vincent Liu

My grandmother thinks frogs eat snakes, which I think is just wrong.
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

It's actually more so that he was afraid of snakes, in the way that many humans are...it is the same as a human worry, if someone hears that there are snakes around, they might be a bit cautious about sleeping outdoors there...
  20. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Quite possibly.