Wierd Things you don't get

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's one joke I don't get: the mail strike Newsflash from the Loretta Lynn episode. I get the air mail part, but not the first part.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually in The Frog Prince the father is a Muppet and the daughter is a human. It's Hey Cinderella where the king has a human son.
You're right, thanks for the correction. I own both of them but somehow got them mixed up.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well I dont think we have to worry about marriage between the frog and pig anytime soon if ever so...Lol!

MWoO

Reaction score
In the muppets there is no line between the biological and the puppets. Kermit isn't a puppet frog, he's a real frog that happens to talk. Walter is a real person, he just happens to be really short. So it's perfectly normal for a real human to have a muppet relative. As for muppets dating humans, that's hard to say. On one hand if piggy dated a human it's still a pig dating a person, but whose to say what would happen in real life if all of a sudden he had humanoid talking intelligent animals? Maybe we'd all date a pog or a frog.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Well I dont think we have to worry about marriage between the frog and pig anytime soon if ever so...Lol!
:smile: Yeah! Though I'm sure Kermit's got some sort of crush on Piggy, marriage is commitment. That means spending your whole life with that pig who keeps giving you chops in the groin every so often.

I wonder if the Muppets think of themselves as Muppets. I guess to them "muppet" doesn't really mean puppet, but a family of entertainers, their act. After watching the "Secrets of the Muppets" episode of the Jim Henson Hour, though, it seems they know and they're trying to hide it: "He said the p word!!!"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You should watch interviews Kermit did when promoting the movie he has fully admitted that him and Piggy are a couple and has been consistent with it ever since the movie came out last year. Which makes sense since they get back together in the movie.

The muppets are a family of entertainers I don't think of them as puppets their real to me. But Jim Henson used the word "puppet" a lot.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You should watch interviews Kermit did when promoting the movie he has fully admitted that him and Piggy are a couple and has been consistent with it ever since the movie came out last year.
Well that's where the retcon we mentioned in another thread comes in. :wink: