1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Wierd Things you don't get

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Feb 4, 2012.

1. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Wow. That just ruins reality for Muppet fans huh?
  2. Hubert Well-Known Member

Reality has been ruined for Muppet fans since the Muppet Movie came out. That's when we found out there are two accounts of how Scooter joined them.
  3. miss kermie Well-Known Member

4. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Hey, the Muppets aren't the first ones to do this. If you look at a lot of older film series (The Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, The Little Rascals), there was rarely any continuity. To me, it gives writers more freedom. This especially works well when you're writing comedy; you don't have to worry about plot details.
  5. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Wow. I ALWAYS worry about plot details!!!
  6. Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

There's something that bugs me in the Muppet Show sketch where the Swedish Chef is unprepared to go on stage, and Kermit and Scooter force him to go on. After yelling obscenities (I think) at them, the Swedish Chef tries to chop Robin's legs off. It's a funny sketch, but why is Robin already on the plate?
  7. miss kermie Well-Known Member

O_____O

We're at war with Sweden!
    DUCK IN COVER!!!
    Piggy The Frog and Mo Frackle like this.
  8. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

That's "duck and cover".
    muppetfan24/7 and miss kermie like this.
  9. miss kermie Well-Known Member

No one's perfect. :)
    Piggy The Frog likes this.
  10. Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

See? Robin's on the plate even before the sketch begins! What's he doing there? :confused:
  11. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts, then repeat to yourself 'it's just a show, I should really just relax'".

Maybe he was sleeping?
  12. miss kermie Well-Known Member

I don't get my avatar.

Fozzie and Kermit are best friends, So it makes sense for Fozzie to hold his shoulder.
    Kermit likes Miss Piggy, so it makes sense to hold her shoulder.
    Piggy hate Gonzo...
    SHE HOLDS HIM AT THE WAIST!?!?!

AND SMILES!!!?!?!?
    AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
  13. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Maybe those are clones?
  14. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Whacked up clones.
  15. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Well, I'd guess it was set up by somebody who didn't really know the Muppets, and just wanted all the characters close together, no matter who touches whom.
  16. miss kermie Well-Known Member

I mean it looks cute and nice, but...

WHYHYHYHHYHY
  17. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Well, like I said, the whoever set up the shot probably wasn't familiar with which character likes which character.
  18. David French Member

Don't think so; the relationship between each character is complex and at times contradictory. Although they metaphorically push and pull at each other constantly, at the end of the day they pull together when it matters the most.
    miss kermie, DrDientes and Mo Frackle like this.
  19. snichols1973 Well-Known Member

A little bit of minor inconsistency in TGMC:

During the "Happiness Hotel" song, Pops remarks "...Don't try to order dinner, there's no kitchen anymore...", and they can't order room service because "there's no food", according to Rizzo.

After Beauregarde drives them back to the Happiness Hotel in his taxi, following Kermit's initial meeting with Miss Piggy (whom he mistakes for Lady Holliday), he makes a U-turn in the lobby and goes through the kitchen, where the Swedish Chef brings out a pot of pasta with a steering wheel in it, and Pops says "Well, looks like steering wheel souffle for dinner." "Again?"
  20. Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Maybe Rizzo meant that there's no edible food. And I think Pops was being sarcastic. Since the food isn't good, the kitchen might as well not exist.