1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wierd Things you don't get

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Feb 4, 2012.

1. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I was guessing that Jerry Nelson was nervous and I LOVED the part where Kermit said, "Cut!" and Robin corrects him to stay "Stop!" not "Cut!" LOL!
  2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Ha yeah. DON'T SAY CUT! SAY STOP!!!
  3. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I always wondered that myself
  4. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

My guess is that he was sleeping, and the chef just covered him up.
  5. Vincent Liu

Now that is one weird place to be sleeping. Maybe he never heard of frog's legs?
  6. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Maybe Robin fell asleep somewhere else, then the chef grabbed him and put him on the plate to use him in the sketch later. He obviously knew Robin was on the plate before he started. Why he wanted to cook Robin, I have no idea...
  7. Vincent Liu

If I'm not mistaken, he cooked multiple cast members throughout the show
  8. Piggy The Frog

That's true, but I don't think any of them were regular characters. Of course, I could be wrong...

Just out of curiosity, have the Swedish Chef and Robin interacted in other episodes? I can't remember seeing them together in other scenes besides this one.
  9. Mo Frackle

I can't recall, either.

I don't think the Chef was really trying to hurt Robin. He's just a little crazy, and maybe not exactly the brightest bulb in the room. But he still has a big heart. Remember his scene with Big Bird in MFC?
    muppetfan24/7 and heralde like this.
  10. Piggy The Frog

Awww, I love that scene in MFC! I agree that he wasn't trying to hurt Robin, but I do think that he was trying to get back at Kermit. He was angry about being pressured by Kermit and Scooter, and remembering that Robin was sleeping on the plate, he decided to pretend that he was going to dismember Robin. Understandably, Kermit was upset, which is what the Chef was trying to achieve!

Analyzing Muppet behaviour is fun! :D
    Mo Frackle, muppetfan24/7 and heralde like this.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this, becuase it's only on the Blu-Ray (!$@#% Disney) but in one of the deleted scenes reveal that Gonzo has just enough money to save the theater, but he left it right on top of the building when he blew it up. :)
  12. Mo Frackle

I don't think Disney included that in the deleted scenes. To my knowledge, it only shows up in the novelization.