1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Wierd Things you don't get

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Feb 4, 2012.

1. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

The one thing I don't get is...what is the banana sketch?
  2. miss kermie Well-Known Member

I don't thnik anyone knows
  3. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    But seriously, like Miss Kermie said, nobody knows. All we know about it is that the joke starts with "Two bananas walk into a bar...", and that it was supplied to Fozzie by Gags Beasely (a.k.a. Jack Burns).
    miss kermie likes this.
  4. catherine Active Member

lol, i thought that very cool how they played it out and fozzie always got the last laugh from me. he cracks me up with his jokes. did jim henson play him or was it frank oz?
  5. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Frank Oz. Jim Henson was Kermit.
  6. Hubert Well-Known Member

That's not the banana sketch that muppet maniac is referring to.

He's referring to the banana sketch Scooter and Fozzie did...which I'll explain here: Fozzie is dressed as a telephone. Scooter says, "Are you the telephone pole?" Fozzie responds saying he's Mike Oznowicski. The joke is that Fozzie says a name with "ski" on the end of it, which often implies that a last name is Polish, meaning that Fozzie is the telephone Pole. Hope that made sense.
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  7. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else believe some people fake laughter, so nobody knows they haven't heard it?
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  8. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Isn't that the "Telephone Pole" bit?
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  9. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Interestingly I'm currently sat in a room with the person who originally drew this and the guy she drew it for! What are the chances...

I love that its survived this long as a MC joke though since 06!
    Vincent Liu and Mo Frackle like this.
  10. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

There is no banan sketch and there will never be a bananas sketch! :)
  11. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Touchy, touchy!
  12. Hubert Well-Known Member

Oops...you're right. I don't know what in the world I was thinking there.
  13. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Isn't the banana sketch the bit where he say that thing about that couple who were in the place with the other things and they went to the other place? I'm sure that's what it was about.
  14. catherine Active Member

and that sounds just like our dear kermit, hehe
  15. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

That quote is from Kermit and he does get confused with the banana sketch. I wonder who came up with the joke when writing the show.
  16. miss kermie Well-Known Member

I don't get how they supposivley make a break up scene taking pleace after the Muppets take manhattan, but yet they've made a lot of movies after that, and then finally they make a movie saying they left eachother for 10 years.
  17. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The Muppets have never had a cannon. Simple as that.
  18. miss kermie Well-Known Member

19. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Canon as in :crazy:BOOM?
  20. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Cannon as in not continuity. You know, like how Muppet Babies doesn't match The Muppet Movie with the idea of how the gang met.