Wierd Things you don't get

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the John Denver episode, after Kermit informs everyone that John Denver had invited them to go camping at the swamp, and they all try to get out of it, Miss Piggy threatens them into going. But right before threatening, she starts her speech with "We're going on a camping trip overnight". Considering how she emphasized the "overnight" part, I wonder why she'd want the others there. Without them it'd just be her, Kermit, and John Denver. From her point of view, wouldn't the less be the better?

And at the end, when Kermit informs John that it's just them, John talks about catching frogs, making Kermit decide he'll find somebody else to go camping with. But wasn't it John who invited them to go camping in the first place? When I see him joke about catching frogs it looks as if he's trying to get out of going on the camping trip (maybe it was his idea but Kermit suggested the swamp?).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wow good points I never realized that! But certainly true! But then maybe she thought Kermit wouldn't go if he knew it was just gonna be him and her. Maybe she thought even if the whole gang comes maybe she could get some kind of alone time with Kermit??

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
There's something that I've always thought was a little bit silly in MTM: Piggy gets all jealous about Kermit and Jenny hanging out together, but really, would Kermit, or any Muppet, ever marry a real human? Of course, Piggy could be just acting, but still, you'd think she'd know...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
If Piggy didn't get jealous we'd have no dynamic or as The Muppets would probably say we'd have no movie. XD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow good points I never realized that! But certainly true! But then maybe she thought Kermit wouldn't go if he knew it was just gonna be him and her. Maybe she thought even if the whole gang comes maybe she could get some kind of alone time with Kermit??
But she knew that John Denver was going, so that was one other person going. And it wasn't her idea to go camping.

There's something that I've always thought was a little bit silly in MTM: Piggy gets all jealous about Kermit and Jenny hanging out together, but really, would Kermit, or any Muppet, ever marry a real human?
Gonz would. He almost married Madeline Kahn, only for her to not want to marry him.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Lol! I have no idea then probably will have to ask Piggy herself. XD

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Would a frog ever marry a pig? ; )
Good point there! But they're both Muppets, so it just seems to fit. Though Kermit thinks of himself as a real frog somewhat (as opposed to Piggy, who'd probably like to forget her swine heritage), so he might think it weird to marry Piggy.

Gonz would. He almost married Madeline Kahn, only for her to not want to marry him.
Muppets are so adorable that way. They don't see the world the same as everybody else does. Reminds me of how my older brother planned to marry our pet cat when he was little, and how I had my heart set on Prince William, who I was sure would marry me and make me queen because I knew that he was six years old just like me (actually, he was somewhere around 13 or 14). I think Jerry Juhl once said that Muppets are like children around the guest stars, and that has to be one of the most apt descriptions I have heard of them yet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But then you have situations like The Frog Prince where the father is a Muppet and the son is a human...hmm, lol.
Actually in The Frog Prince the father is a Muppet and the daughter is a human. It's Hey Cinderella where the king has a human son.