1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Will Disney air the Muppet Show?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by LiLdUcKy, Sep 6, 2004.

1. LiLdUcKy

LiLdUcKy New Member

Disney and the Muppets

Does Anybody know when, or even if, Disney will start to play The Muppet Show? :confused:

Any information given will be helpful!

Thanks
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Nothing has been announced. It could be awhile before it's back on TV unfortunately.
  3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

I hate to sound like negative neddy, but I seriously doubt that will have any effect. Email/letter campaigns like this generally don't work and are a waste of time and effort, particularly when you're dealing with a network like Disney.
  5. It sure couldn't hurt, though :rolleyes:
  6. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Actually, quite the contrary. Yes sometimes it does not work, however usually it does. If enough people rally together, it has great influence. For example on Al Franken's controversial radio show on Air America, enough people e-mailed the companies sponsoring the show (General Motors, Hewlett-Packard and Greyhound) with complaints mainly because of one of his regular commentators said that it would be acceptable to shoot the president on the air, which is a felony. It was successful and got them ALL to pull their advertising from the show. The real reason this type of thing does not happen more often is the belief that too many people have that power in numbers is not affective, so hence they don't bother to do it. So go start e-mailing Disney, it's worth doing.

Kev
  7. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I would say eventually they will air it. But when... who knows? :)
  8. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

The thing is...

Will the teens watch it?!:p
  9. Bubbadog

Bubbadog Member

If they don't watch it they should. Too many are getting bad ideas from prime time television. They should watch that stuff when they're older. LOL
  10. Malachy

Malachy Member

It would get great ratings in my opinion. I know I'd watch on a regular basis.
  11. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I would too, but would the mass general public is the most important question. I would say it would bring equivalent ratings to some of their late night programming on Disney Channel though. :)
  12. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

It worked for the Fraggle Rock DVDs. :)
  13. radio boy

radio boy Member

i live in australia and they show the muppet show twice a night unedited.
    If you want any episodes on the disney channel go to this website.

<www.foxtel.com.au> and check when your fav episode is on and tell me.
  14. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Maybe we will get it stateside sometime soon. :)
  15. Fraggle Lover

Fraggle Lover New Member

gee whiz

I heard somewhere they are going to play some muppet episodes, but they are not going to make it a regularly scheduled program. I believe only on special occasions though. Besides why would they all the sudden after many years improve the website muppetsgo.com? :smirk:
  16. Xela

Xela New Member

I would watch it. :)

I am sick of reality T.V. and MTV...and the stupid people on both those channels! There are too many stupid people these days! :attitude:

And then all the stupid people at school talk about those shows...hmm...and just to type it again- stupid. Like it wasn't in this post enough times. :D
  17. floydpepperfan

floydpepperfan New Member

i dunno but that would be freakin awesome!

i dont really know but heck yeah i would watch it! ive been waiting for it to come back for ever and that would be something to look forward too! :sing: it would be like music to my ears hearing that and yeah if they dont bring it back :eek: i dont know what ill do but anywho adios for now
  18. Gideon

Gideon New Member

I doubt it personally there's so many programs on disney
  19. Yeah but there are other channels they could air it on that they own. They could even sell the air rights to another channel.
  20. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member