Will Sesame Street produce another movie for theaters?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure they've done that idea before in past... like with Joe Pesci wanting to tear down the street.
When I think about it that comes as no surprize. I mean with over 40 years of story material, it's gotta be tough to think of something tottally origional.
That does sound like an intresting fanfic by the way. The AM

On the notion, the concept of Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures could be adapted into a movie.
Now that'd be something to see. I'd assume it would be stop-motion to match the style of the shorts. I'm sure there is some way to make that work.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i would love a super grover story or like maybe sesame street meets the muppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
A Super Grover movie does sound good, but I don't know if it would be a strong enough concept to carry a whole film.

What made FTB an amazing movie was how much of an ensemble piece it really was. I'd like to see a movie centered around Grover, sure...but the other major Muppet characters (even human ones) need to have a hefty presence too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually remember reading that and enjoying it! I don't think it necessarily screamed "cinema" though but with some beefing up it would make for a good Sesame theatrical movie.
Thanks! :big_grin:

Yeah, I agree, it's like with Kermit and Manhattan Melodies, there really were quite a few things missing, I wasn't sure what, but I do think that with a lot of tweaking and maybe getting people like Joey and others to really do some retooling, the premise could make for a good movie.

Like Drtooth said too thoughm, one trick would be getting the tots to actually sit still through a whole movie... I was lassoed into going toa Pooh movie years and years ago, and it was a miserable experiencing, the theater was full of litte kids screaming and running around, doing everything but watching the movie... when I was in daycare, we'd occasionally take field trips to the theater, and we NEVER acted like that. I'm glad when I went to see The Muppets, there was WAY moany more adults in the theater than there were kids (I know that would've made Jim proud, lol).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was lassoed into going toa Pooh movie years and years ago, and it was a miserable experiencing, the theater was full of litte kids screaming and running around, doing everything but watching the movie... when I was in daycare, we'd occasionally take field trips to the theater, and we NEVER acted like that.
Yeah there were kids doing that when I went to see The Muppets. Someone in the audience was brave enough to yell, "Anyone want to pretend to parent?" LOL. Unfortunately even that didn't motivate the moron adults to control their kids. It's incredibly inconsiderate because it's expensive to go to the movies nowadays and we shouldn't have our experience ruined just because you can't control your own child.

I don't put the blame on the kids at all. More often that not, if they act this way it's because their parents have allowed them to.

But again this is one reason people don't want to go to the movies anymore. You have to go there with other people, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like Drtooth said too thoughm, one trick would be getting the tots to actually sit still through a whole movie... I was lassoed into going toa Pooh movie years and years ago, and it was a miserable experiencing, the theater was full of litte kids screaming and running around, doing everything but watching the movie...
That's probably why EIG was doomed to failure. While there are some great gags older fans can enjoy, the Elmo focus was purely for 3 year olds. It was an idea so brilliant that it had to fail... Elmo's huge spark of popularity just happened, they came off of the Tickle me Elmo fad... had it not been for the fact it was for an audience too young to be taken to theaters, it may just have done well for itself.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
A Super Grover movie does sound good, but I don't know if it would be a strong enough concept to carry a whole film.

What made FTB an amazing movie was how much of an ensemble piece it really was. I'd like to see a movie centered around Grover, sure...but the other major Muppet characters (even human ones) need to have a hefty presence too.
I guess it would depend on the kind of story they'd choose. It certainly wouldn't have to be an extended sketch. If a full-movie wouldn't work, a DTV movie, like Abby in Wonderland, would certainly be the ticket. Plus, I really want to see some great effects like the ones on him from EIG and that Ready to Learn promo; those looked like they were already from a Super Grover movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The script is the thing. We'd need one that's strong enough to follow for a full 90 minutes, something that can only be told theatrically. I'd hate to see some super Hero parody that wears thin after the first half hour of a movie. And I'm sure the public is as sick of Super Hero parodies as they are super hero movies. It needs a sharp angle. Look at Megamind. It's heart and soul a Super Hero parody, but they found an unused or at least underused subject and it took off from there.

A Super Grover movie would have to potential for a Naked Gun like klutzty, taking everything literally type humor... and it could work. It has to be very light hearted for a Super hero movie (Super Grover doesn't even have or need a super villain), and I'm sure little references to other movies would be there too.

Somehow, I'd see something about how Grover has so many jobs being a good source for a movie. Something where he gets so overwhelmed at one point he quits everything, and doesn't realize how important he is. Or maybe a Walter Mitty style sketch movie where Grover has different fantasies of what he can be.

mo

Reaction score
I don't think having another movie centered around elmo is a good idea i like the idea of a super grover movie.

Alvin

Reaction score
That's what I thought when they came out with the new Super Grover. That would be a good movie. BUT, to me it would need to be more...serious...than goofy...I mean yeah Super Grover is clumsy and goofy...but I don't know...it would take a good script and cast.