Will there ever be a Muppet-themed restaurant?

Sweetums74

Reaction score
The restaurant was actually built, but was eventually re-themed after the series of legal events. Mama Melrose's restaurant (at the exit of MV3D and right next to the Muppet Store) is it.
There is some info about it in the 2 Disney News magazines that had the Muppets on the cover.
Jim Hill wrote about it as well in his series of Muppet articles on LaughingPlace.com.
Chris

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Mama Melrose's restaurant (at the exit of MV3D and right next to the Muppet Store) is it<<<

sounds like that place could soon use a restoration to the finer swedish kitchen things in life:wink:

BeanBunny

Reaction score
What a waste the Disney-MGM Studios used that space for Mama Melrose's rather than a Muppet themed spot! What a cool idea that would have been!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I would love a Muppet resteraunt. You know I heard about the plan for that. Animatronic rats would be waiters/waitresses and Gonzo and Rizzo would be the "owners". I hope it does make a comeback.:concern:

Cool Bear

Reaction score
I'd eat at a Muppet themed restaurant! It would be great to see the Swedish chef Live. Miss Piggy would sing the song, Kermit would be Master of Ceremonies ... Oh the possibilities.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... I'd love a Muppet restaurant too... provided some wiseguy parental group doesn't try to shut it down because it sells food kids actually LIKE to eat. :big_grin: Sorry... I just get so sick and tired of that kind of bullcrap.

it would only work in an amusement park or theme park... lemme just say that. Sure, we have that one fried chicken chain named after a certain sailor man that has NO usage of the character anywhere (I remember that they used to)... and then there was the sadly failed Bullwinkle pizza chain (think Chuck E Cheese but with Bullwinkle characters)... but you rarely see that sort of thing in the US... Again, I must bring up my worldly views on animation... there's this place in Japan that has a Giant Fiberglass Bob the Genie in it, and there's even some sort of kid's meal that comes in a tray shaped like his magic bottle. And then there's a restaurant chain (also in Japan) that has Doraemon as it's spokesperson. He's all over the place there. I'm sure there's somewhere in Europe that has cartoon characters (ours or there's) too. But not here... at least, outside a theme park.

Seeing as this thread is old, and RANDOMLY bumped up, and I guess it means, specifically a Muppet cafe in Dizzyworld or land... I'd see some sort of weird pushcart that's outside MupVision3-D or something. I'd love to see a fake Svenska Tacos stand with an animatronic Swedish Chef though... I'm sure there's a SS Muppet themed cafe in Sesame Park.

What would REALLY be kickin' would be a Fraggle Rock place that served NOTHING but radish dishes. But that would close FAST. Once saw a restaurant that only served Peanut Butter sandwiches (and variations of) JUSt like what Kramer said on Seinfeld (bet that's where they got the idea from)... but it was in a mall and closed pretty fast.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Funny, my parents and I were just discussing this a few days ago. Of course, they would have to serve the infamous "Steering Wheel Souffle" :hungry: