Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mark Filton
Finally a movie that deserves to have a dvd done for it
Mark,
Have you seen the dvd? It is great! Tons of extra features, and a making of the movie full length feature! It is a must have for any Wonkerer. P.S. you avatar is making me hungry

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Never sen the new one. But I think I'll stick to what I know. Nothing against the new one, but the original one was so good!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Aww, I liked the new one, but I guess cause It was kinda darker than the original and it was a Tim Burton Directed movie! I always loved movies that had a darker vibe to them. The original ones had better oopa loompas, though. And better songs. (Although, I am rather fond of Mike Teevee's song in the new one :wink:)

Skye

Reaction score
Yeah. I never even bothered to see the new one, because I hated the thought of this movie being remade. Plus, I don't like Johnny Depp, lol. I don't think any remake could ever come close to being as good as the original! :smile:

travellingpat

Reaction score
i actually really liked the remake i think its worth a viewing if you go into it with an open mind...i really think some of you would like it

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh there are numerous differences in the new one, compaired to the old. The new one follows the book more closely, while also adding a subplot about Wonka and his Father. But the old one had a strange, strange subplot about that Wormwoth guy.

The plot about Charlie not giving the ever-lasting gobstopper to the bad-guy was a distraction, for me, in the first story and annoyed me mightily, being a huge fan of the two Wonka books.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The new film is good in itself, I liked that they included Charlie's parents. But in no way does it compare to the original in my view. (and yes I know it's suppose to be based on the book and not the old movie. But the fact that it is a movie means it will inevitably be compared to the old film.) :smile:

As far as the differences, it's the classic argument. The original film was made for everyone to enjoy. The messages were complex and multi-layered. It was a rich tale of generosity vs. greed. While the new film is really more just for kids; the lessons were all on the surface and fairly obvious. I'm not saying the book is like that, mind you, I'm just talking about the film.