Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
.... and now they even make a normal thick chocolate bar but if you find a golden ticket inside you get a trip to their factory and a years supply of chocolate !

Is that the one with the graham cracker pieces??

wolfy

Reaction score
Cowards!

Talking about chocolate instead of trying to guess the answer to my trivia question!

Come on...those of you who were alive in the 1960s come out of the dark and remember!

Let's go, let's go...I won't leave you in the shadows!
wolfy

PS - The name of the show is in the message!! Now, guess her character(s)!!

(And I haven't seen the "exploding chocolate bar" yet, but like regular chocolate, as long as it's milk chocolate and not dark. And if I find a golden ticket, it's yours, Luke...I don't think I could ever get those songs out of my brain if I went to the factory!)

OH...did you happen to see that "Futurama" had it's "Willie Wonka" kind of show Wednesday night? It was great...And on "Scrubs" last night? "The Candy Man" song for J.D.?

We have seen several WW references in the past few days...we are thinking it's a conspiracy...!
wolfy

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
Okay, ladies and gents!

Trivia time!

WITHOUT looking it up, okay??

"Violet" on the "Willie Wonka" movie actually got her start as a child star on WHAT daytime drama, and what was the character's name?

Come on...you should know this!
wolfy
I know she used to be on Dark Shadows... But i dont remember what her name was... I wasnt even born untill 1975

wolfy

Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, Kye!

Okay, HALF the puzzle solved!

We know she was on "Dark Shadows!"

Now, who is she and what character(s) did she play?

(Oh, I love doing this to people when I know the answers...:big_grin: )
wolfy

Navarre

Reaction score
I haven't been here in a while and I do not know the name of the character on Dark Shadows. But, I loved the movie too and just wanted to put my two cents in. Not that they're worth much.
"You're turning violet, Violet!" So many of us quote this film, it's like a cult. I always wanted toknow all the words to the Oompa Loompa songs. Anyone want to admit to dancing the dance as they sang? I think it's so great that we can all keep in touch with these wonderful memories of childhood and youth and energy. It helps keep us young.
Rock on everyone!:smile:

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by Navarre
So many of us quote this film, it's like a cult. I always wanted toknow all the words to the Oompa Loompa songs. Anyone want to admit to dancing the dance as they sang? I think it's so great that we can all keep in touch with these wonderful memories of childhood and youth and energy. It helps keep us young.
Rock on everyone!:smile:
If you still want to see all the lyrics, I think wolfy posted them early on in the thread! Also, glad to hear that you love it too...Rock on yourself!:big_grin:

wolfy

Reaction score
Navarre:

LOVE your little worm-guy from "Labyrinth."

In fact, we were just talking about him the other day!

Yes, I posted the site for song lyrics about two or three posts back, so check for them.

And no, I definitely did NOT dance to any of the songs...that's TOO weird...

Why, did YOU??
wolfy

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
We have wonka candy here - i love the Everlasting Gobstoppers, the Exploding chocalate bars .... and now they even make a normal thick chocolate bar but if you find a golden ticket inside you get a trip to their factory and a years supply of chocolate !
We had something similar. Instead of a factory tour, you get a scholorship....

I almost got this big paint can shaped tin of a cartoon version of the Wonka factory (we have animated commercials with a cartoon Wonka and cartoon oompa Loompas in it over here). Why didn't I?

Kye

Reaction score
I would love to see that cartoon!

Lets not forget about Runts, everlasting gobstobbers and laffy taffy!!

wolfy

Reaction score
But Kye, we DO have those commercials here in the states...

The Nestle company makes the candy, and thus, the commercials. I've seen them over the years...they aren't the greatest in the world, but then, it's a commercial for Wonka candy...

And is it me, or have the "everlasting" gobstoppers suddenly gotten smaller and less colorful? I got some for the kids for Easter, and they have about three or four coats of color, then are filled with pressed-powdered SweeTart candy! These aren't the gobstoppers I remember...

Well, anyway, the movie is still a classic...

AND, if anyone wants to play Wonka games, Nestle's web site of Willie Wonka does have some games, and other things you can check out, including their candies...
wolfy