1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

WINNER! 2007 Muppet Presidential Election Part 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, May 8, 2007.

?

2007 Muppet Presidential Election 4th Primary

Poll closed May 18, 2007.
  1. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew/Luke

22 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. Grover Monster/theprawncracker

13 vote(s)
    37.1%

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

2007 Muppet Presidential Election Part 4

Winning results discussed at end of thread here:
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=529715&postcount=76

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting Commission:
    The rules follow, and the candidates are in the poll for 10 days after it begins.

Each candidate is to now post an opening statement to win their voters, and all MC members who open this thread are encouraged to participate in this game and vote.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

THE RULES

2007 Muppet Presidential Election begins

By Dwayne1115

Quote:
    Well i have been watching alot of news as of late and i think a neat kind of game would be "The Next Muppet President Campain 2008" with all the plotices going on i think it would be neat to see some muppet mud slinging in all clean fun. i want to see what people think before i start this though.

Those 3 players will be assigned certain Muppet characters, who will later be listed in the polls to be voted for by MC members. In the meantime, Dwayne1115 will be the Game Host, asking the "Muppets" questions (non-serious, obviously nothing controversial) as if in a debate. All the "Muppets" will be given a chance to answer the question before the next question is asked, thus trying to convince why they (ie, the Muppet Character) would be the best President!

And, at Kimp's suggestion here's the game thread.

This lends itself open to a good, long game of fun and mirth. I will close the game, however, if it gets out of hand and serious or not within Muppet Central's family-fun atmosphere.

To discuss this game along the way, use this thread:
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=22606

To understand the rules of role-play as characters, see this post:
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showp...07&postcount=1

The election committee has convened and the ballots for Muppety President are as follows. An important note ends this post for two of the characters that have been chosen need an exception to role-playing rules. Keep in mind that the campaign is for Muppet President, the MC member is the running mate, and all posts must be made in the character which he/she is to represent.

Here's what we'll do (more rules):
    1) Each Muppet candidate will post one post to follow this announcement which will be his/her campaign announcement speech.
    2) At the end of each person's speech the ballot will be cast for voting to begin.
    3) At the end of a certain period of time, the one with the least amount of votes will have to concede to the other campaigning Muppets; however, he/she may still participate in the game by rallying for the Muppet he/she will be voting for.
    4) The game will end when the last Muppet stands.

DISCLAIMER:-Game rules can be altered at any time. Keep a check on post #'s 1 and 2 of this thread.
    -This thread may be locked if a new one has to be opened in the event the polls may not be altered when begun.

On the ticket for Muppet President are:
    (Muppet Presidential Candidate/MC Forum Member Running Mate)

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew/Luke
    Grover Monster/theprawncracker

Miss Piggy/Ruahnna (conceded to the other candidates)
    Beaker/Beakerfan (conceded to the other candidates)
    Yorick/G-Man (conceded to the other candidates)
    Pepe the Kingprawn/Kimp the Shrimp (conceded to the other candidates)

(To see the outcome of prior voting, please see this thread:
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=31572)

SPECIAL NOTE/RULE(S):
    For the purposes of this game, rather than "meeps," Beaker will be able to speak and be understood; and, rather than grunts, Yorick will be allowed to speak and be understood (quite like we allow Camilla to speak in words rather than just clucks in other role-playing games in the past).
  3. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Cookie: Uh-oh, only one vote so far for Grover. This not look good.
  4. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Prairie:Check again, Cookie.;) :)
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Count, a little sad: Yes. Check the wotes, I think you'll find our good friend Grover's in the lead now. Vell, seeing as how Piggy's run is over, Scooter and me and the others vill be joining Grover's little bandvagon.
  6. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

It's already tied! OOooooooooooh! :crazy:
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Grover: Oh, thank you Count, and Scooter too. And it is looking good so far everybody. Thank you for voting already! And as for my next campaign promise. I will be as cute, and furry, and huggable as ever! And I will get to be the president! Is that not exciting?
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Pepe: Hello jou presidential competorators, hokay. I just want to ask jou dis question, hokay. What is your policy on Salt-water Taffy, hoay? And monogomy, also, hokay? Where do jou stand on dese issues, hokay? Ok, hokay?
  9. The Count

Pops, wakes up: Hey! How are you presidential fellers planning to pay for all of this electoral hoo-haw?
    Huh? What are your choices?
    A. Cash.
    B. Credit Card.
    Or C. Sneak out in the middle of the night.
  10. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Cookie: Ooh look, Grover in the lead. Too bad for Pig, but nice to get her supporters. This kind of nervewracking. When me get nervous, me eat COOKIES! *gobbles up a plate of cookies and also the plate* Come on everyone vote for Grover. *urp* Scuse me.
  11. The Count

Mmm. Good thing I already had me a Boston Scream doughnut with milk before getting here. Heh, guess that gives me a bit of an idea for Cookie.

Might have to post my. Oh sorry, got lost there.
    Everyone vote for, well, whoever you want to vote for!
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Dr Bunsen: In honor of my victory in the last round i have returned, and with a new look - cosmetically enhanced thighs, hips, and um, Bunz - so hellloooo lady voters. Secondly i would like to send my best wishes to former candidate Piggy and wonder which candidate she shall now be endorsing ! *sends giftwrapped Versace dress to Miss Piggy with card - Luv Bunzy x *.

Now then, onto business. First questions from my good friend pee pee. Where do i stand on Saltwater Taffy? Nowhere, i like to eat it, not stand on it. Secondly my policy on Monogomy - well in my view why have just one partner when you can have a party in your pants and invite everyone. Lastly - Pops, my campaign is fully funded by the sales of my political broadcast workout DVD which includes Penguins in Tutus, Josie and the Pussycat Dolls, and "The Bunzettes". An autographed complimentary copy is on its way to you!

Thanks everyone and keep voting for Dr Bunz !
  13. theprawncracker

Grover: Oh, salt water taffy is one of my favorite subjects! I love to eat it all gone, it is so good, salty and sweet, genius! And monogomy? Well, whatever it is, does it have anything to do with these things? *two Snowths pop up* Every time I say monogomy-
    Snowths: Doo do doo do doo!
    Grover: They do that. Oh, and Count, sir, my campaign is being funded by Mr. Johnson! My dedicated customer who accidentally forgot his credit card last time he ate a Charlie's.
  14. The Count

Count: *Leans in. Uh Grover, it vasn't I who asked that question. It vas Pops.
    Maybe ve need some more people to count their wotes. Seems noone's come to help out your cause or Bunsen's for that matter since yesterday.
  15. theprawncracker

Grover: Oh, sorry Pops, sir. Vote for Grover.
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

Dr Bunsen: My fellow Muppets, monsters, penguins, rats and whatevers. I would like to remind everybody of my campaign policys that will be brought into power should i be elected into office. People may say i'm not as cute and cuddly as Mr Grover, however many of you will not know that i was the centrefold of "Biology Magazine" in May 1979. My policys are as follows -

• Free Muppet Underwear For All - It is important in this age of Muppet decline we all wear our Muppet underpants with pride. Preferably over the pants, or lederhosen for our European friends.
    • I will greenlight immediately "Fraggle Rock - The Musical" in a prime broadway location. I will hold televised auditions for Doozers, who will be encouraged to wear tutus.
    • I will repaint the white house "Kermit Green" and install a hot-tub in the Oval Office. Penguins will wear tuxes and invite you to take a dip, while Rats with laptops will calculate your tax refund check.
    • My head of Homeland Security will be Bobo The Bear, and Crazy Harry will handle foriegn relations. Rizzo The Rat will handle agriculture & cheese. Sam The Eagle will advise on patriotism.
    • I will send for Micky Mouse immediately and encourage him (with a scientific ray gun) to greenlight the Muppet documentary spoof currently being pitched. I will also kick his booty until he see's my point on new Muppet CD's, a Muppet corner of The Disney Store, and the Muppetworld theme park.
    • My campaign is all about fun. So everyday at 2pm we will have happy hour and you will be encouraged to nerf gun your friends.
    • I will campaign vigorously for the return of multiple exclamation marks, and ellipses to Muppet Central and request the Pussycat Dolls be added to MC Radio (and encourage them to record covers of Muppet songs for this occasion)
    • New shows for TV will include Interspecies Dating with Pepe The Prawn, The Electric Mayhem Live Concert, Kermit & Piggy - Live Wedding Broadcast, Kermit & Piggy - The Aftermath, Nerd Talk With Bunsen "Mr Science" Honeydew, 680 Minute Makeover With Miss Piggy.
    • I will campaign for the mastertape of Muppet Wizard Of Oz to be burnt immediately and anybody who ever mentions this production or any obscure foriegn language Muppet Commercials will be thwacked with a Rubber Chicken.
    Anybody who wishes to ask me questions about these policys or about anything else is welcome, and i hope i will get your vote. Thank you!
  17. The Count

Fleet Scribbler: Any questions on your policies? Then how do you respond to the lawsuit levied against you by former assistant Beaker for multiple life-endangering hazardous work conditions and unfair salary payments pittiusly below the minimum wage? And the issue that some of the penguin waiters have been mercilessly mocking the cardboard cutout of the lovely Ms. Brittany Speares, going so far as to make a new bald cutout forced to drown in ice cold jacuzzi waters?
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Dr Bunz, Dr Bunz, would it be possible in your conflagration of the Mwoo mastertape, to accidently leave pirate copies of the Scooter scenes on YouTube? Twas nice to see him again.

And, will you campain for the release of Timepiece and The Cube on DVD? or recorded on YouTube in high-resolution?
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

Dr Bunz: Bunzy here and time for todays mailbag - firstly i hereby declare all Scooter scenes sacred and to be archived forever, and Timpiece and Cube on DVD are a must. The penguins would like to completely refute all allegations of impropriety with Miss Britney Spears and reassure me they're all fully paid up fan club members. Lastly, the subject of Mr Beaker is a controversial one but i can assure you that the meagre income he earns at the Labs is supplemented by opening shopping malls, pizza restaurants and mortuarys as a result of the fame he has earned. It has also improved his love life!
  20. The Count

Fleet: That's not what a Quackvin Featherline says. According to him, the penguins have formed clicks in which they take turns throwing balls at the jacuzzi dunk tank to dunk the bald Britney cutout into the chilly waters. What's more, they've gone so far as to performing little sketches with the soggy Britney feeding and choking off of soggy popcorn and having to endure bad sitcom-like conditions with a Paris Hilton cardboard cutout at the jailhouse set in their waitering lodgings.