Worst Muppet Film

christyb

Reaction score
It seems very Disney from the trailer. I gotta feeling even though it was in the works before the sale. It will be noticible that Disney had their fingers in it. But I'm in the wrong forum for that. :smile:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
My vote is still IAVMMC, but I still say OZ looks dumb, and will be a flop. Not to mention the fact that i do not know what Disney has been doing lately but the last few animated films have kind of stunk. Trying to give us part 2's to every Disney adventure like the Jungle Book 2.....Give me a break. John Goodman is no Balue the Bear.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I liked the direction they were shooting for in VMC... a little darker and edgier... just not exactly how they did it. But then to go back to the 90's style of movies being retellings of books always seemed to not bode well. Plus without Jerry Juhl's writing.... at least there were a few sly jokes in them... I mean, MCC... Statler and Waldorf being Jacob and Robert Marely... Bob Marley. This movie... other than the Quentin Terrintino cameo....I don't think it'll be that good. So without even seeing it, Muppets of Oz... PLLLPT! Worst one, definately.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Oh, I will remain hopeful, and I will be open minded... and I guess that's all I can do.
At least with the Mupet-Reality-What-the-Heck-is-This-Thig we have no details, so can't critizice it (much) until we se it.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Yeah i red about that reality program as well. I would love to be on the show buttotally am not ready. But it woyld really be great if the show kept running and they got there new tallent that way because at least we would all have some kind of shot at it that way.

Any way, I was not too impressed in the concept idea for it, but who knows every one else has got a reality show now days why not th emuppets. :zany:

pheonix

Reaction score
I so agree Muppet christmas carol it's just magic! the way in which they blend both muppets and actors without losing any of the magic is superb! I adore this film! It's one of our family traditions to watch it every christmas it isnt the same without it. I do think that lately the newest films have been pretty bad. Although it has some funny elements in it muppets from space isnt as good as the others although the scene where Gonzo fineally meets his family is great with the song and the old Zanyness again! Still not as good as the classic films though! :smile:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
Trying to give us part 2's to every Disney adventure like the Jungle Book 2.....Give me a break. John Goodman is no Balue the Bear.
*Dramatic music*.... Just forsaw a very scary and likely vision.... Muppets Wizard of Oz....2!!! Imagine it....

a) This is Disney's first Oz interpretation
b) It'll be one of the only classic tales they havent sequelled!!

Ugh....!!

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
*Dramatic music*.... Just forsaw a very scary and likely vision.... Muppets Wizard of Oz....2!!! Imagine it....

a) This is Disney's first Oz interpretation
b) It'll be one of the only classic tales they havent sequelled!!

Ugh....!!
Actually Disney and Henson co Worked together on Return to OZ (1985) Which is by all accounts a much better story that this new Muppety thing they are trying to pass off as entertainment. Originally I had hoped that Disney would reuse the puppets from Return to OZ and give us a faithful adaptation of the Book by L. Frank Baum, which has never really been done. But after watching the teaser, I am disappointed and dismayed.

A sequel will be even worse.