Worst Muppet Film

christyb

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
Swamp Years is a kids movie though, it's aimed at kids-- kids! KIDS!! Maaallfuuuunctioning!! :zany:
So what's wrong with kid's movies? I'm going to see Pooh's Heffalump (spelling?) movie when it come's out. And Finding Nemo was awesome. All kids movies are great but I digress.

Back to Dr. Tooth's point. Yes it was almost as if they (Muppets) were guest stars. However, you gotta think of the time period that that movie happened. It was the first big project after Jim Henson and Richard Hunt died. So naturally it was a bit rocky. Those that were left had to adjust to working without a part of their family. Besides Micheal Cain was an awesome Ebenezer Scrooge.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with that last bit. If Jim and Richard were around at that time, I guess the project would either be completely different as a movie, or perhaps, not a movie at all... a special, I'd say. If things were like that, it would probably have been an all Muppet performance with humans as the Ghosts, celebrities most likely. Scrooge would have been J.P. Grosse and Scooter could have been the nephew... makes you think about the possibilities.

With that said, I felt the movie lost most of the Muppet's muppety Zing (there's no actual word for it), plenty of magic, but no Muppet zing. maybe the thing about the rubber chicken factory, but that's it. MFS and VMC didn't quite have the magic, but they did have a zing... the wackiness that the muppets usually bring. Mti has a little more of this, so out of the 2 book movies so far, it's the one I prefer!

christyb

Reaction score
So the equation would be

"Zing" + "Magic" = what we're looking for.

Hear that Muppet Holding Company????

Vic Romano

Reaction score
As far as kid's movies go, I happened to LOVE "Follow That Bird".

Drtooth

Reaction score
>>"Zing" + "Magic" = what we're looking for.<<

Hmmm... well... a little more zing than magic. We don't wanna get too sappy.... say (5z + 4m)/ c (classic characters)= what we're looking for. That's a basic formula... I'd get more coplicated, but then it'd just be silly!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
>>"Zing" + "Magic" = what we're looking for.<<

Hmmm... well... a little more zing than magic. We don't wanna get too sappy.... say (5z + 4m)/ c (classic characters)= what we're looking for. That's a basic formula... I'd get more coplicated, but then it'd just be silly!
Oh...

Me likey. Though, perhaps, it should be divided by c+.5r (classic characters plus a half amount of Rare characters)

christyb

Reaction score
then multiply by .4n (new characters). Oh my head hurts.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe not Four.

I'd say more like, two new characters. Remeber Piggy has four roles already.

christyb

Reaction score
And a dash of creativity labeled c and viola! I think we have it. But back to topic...