Worst Muppet Film

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
By 'God' I persume you mean "The Boss".

I kinda find it hard to get my head aroudn WHopie Goldburg being God. :wink:

But seriosuly, I found her very funny, but somewhat disturbing as that persona. A coffee shrub? Spongebob? Tic-tac-toe thing or the squiggly-bug thing?

All very funny lines, and laugh out loud moments, but with her being God, it kinda made me feel a bit popped, if you know what I mean. I'd rather the Muppets stayed out of religion, and kept to the world. You know?

Bea:zany:{And I am saying this as a Christian, btw}regard
Yeah I really agree, although I did not find Whopie to be all that funny. I prefer the Muppets to be moral, but like you say keep religion out of it. Although in conext of the film it worked fairly well. I thought it was way lame that inorder to get kermit back to the real world the angel had to spit on him.

They could have coem up with a much better plot device than that, but then none of it was very clever. :stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, and Danniel seriously got on my nerves, that and looked like an icecream man from Hello Dolly.

pppapazo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Yes, and Danniel seriously got on my nerves, that and looked like an icecream man from Hello Dolly.
I think the Boss & Daniel sequences went on a little long, but I thought Whoopi and David Arquette worked well.

My initial reaction to seeing Whoopi Goldberg in that role wasn't positive, but that was based more on her persona than on her performace. In VMX, she was actually very low-key and didn't chew the scenery like I expected her to.

As for David Arquette, I think this may be the best acting he's ever done. I thought he was very sincere and interacted very well with Kermit. He obviously loves working with the Muppets (he's much better here than in MFS) and I like him in this a lot.

But yeah, the spitting thing was stupid.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
HMMMM Plastic Trees

Beauregard said:
I think Danniel was hamming it up a bit much, like when he reads from the book about what to do with Kermit wishing he had never been born. It seemed to me a little contrived, and I thought he could have played the roll a bit straighter, lending a bit more realisum to the sequence. Instead I just got a very plastic feeling, that they were on a set with fake snow, fake trees and a lot of over acting.

Mario

Reaction score
I would say my least favorite Muppet movie is Muppet's Take Manhattan. I just never got into it.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Love /Vs Hate

dwayne1115 said:
wow i love all the muppet movies
I love the Muppets, I always have. And like any childhood friend they have had high points and low points. Over all while some things have shocked and disappointed me, I honestly have to say I have enjoyed parts if not all of what they have done.

I still have to say that IAVMMC is kind of the worst thing i have seen them do. :attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
I still have to say that IAVMMC is kind of the worst thing i have seen them do. :attitude:
I think Oz will be worse... at least Parody is more original than blindly retelling a story... and without Jerry Juhl's writing too!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a bad feeling about the Wizard of Oz too.

christyb

Reaction score
Hey guys. Give it a chance. We haven't even seen it yet.