• No

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElectricMayhem9

Reaction score
Just because I am collecting everything I can afford (only figures I don't see getting are Ken's Wedding couple Piggy and Kermit and the Black and White Dr Teeth repaint variant) I would buy the BOP playset. Yet I think there are many playsets I would rather have before BOP.

WiGgY

Reaction score
So people here are voting yes that they would buy this set even though they don't like it?

Personally I think it would make a great set. It would be a deluxe police station with working cell doors and wanted posters for the Electric Mayhem (like the show). It could be a lot of fun. Also there is the appeal of a police station set in general. Think of the comedy factor of a pig police man. I don't know why there aren't many people keen on this idea.

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
So people here are voting yes that they would buy this set even though they don't like it?
It's the Palisades dilema - some people have been so starved of quality Muppet product they'll buy anything - even if they don't like it. I don't know why they don't just sell empty boxes and call it an invisible action figure line. (looks over towards Invisible Fozzie and Beaker).

Personally yes I think it would look nice, but no, I don't think they should make it. Very weak - if one Playset tanks it could finish the lot.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

It could be cool.

Id like to see it like this, If it were made...

A room with four walls, one door, A desk and an 'update board' on one of the walls with posters of 'Wanted Muppets' and stuff.
Then taking up alot of space would be a cage, That could fit anyt of the figures in.

Possibly some monsters come with it, BananaNose Maldonado and the Octopus. Maybe even that Generic Pig that Kicks and beats Fozzie.

see ya

Thijs

Reaction score
Oh I love Link so much. Just imagine a second Link, the BOP Link. I loved the BOP skits. That's the reason I'd buy it.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I never really found bop that funny, I was upset that they kicked Boeregard out of series 6 to put in yet another fozzie, we have to many :embarrassed: 's, the sad thing is I probobly will not buy him when he is realeased, the only way I will buy him is if there was a link in a playset! Same with captain smallet in series 7, They should put a character we dont have yet, thats like 5 kermits! So i think the playset is a good idea because I along with others probobly wont buy this fozzie! If they do come out with a playset I would hope it would be after vets hospital, and the backstage playset! I know the backstage playset is planed to be first but look at how far they kept pushing back pis! I wouldn't be surprised if it didnt even come out in 2003.
Thanks
Tyler

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh yeah I'd like one, but I don't think it would work now.

Patrol Bear Fozzie is coming out in the reguler series and very soon at that! I think the set would have to come with Fozzie in order to work, I doubt it would sell well with Patrol Pig Link. They will just have to have Link come in the reg series with a desk and maybe fold up jail cage and hopeful an octopus.

Puls I wouldn't want a jail set to take the place of a Vets set which is way more important IMOP.

WiGgY

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
I never really found bop that funny, I was upset that they kicked Boeregard out of series 6 to put in yet another fozzie, we have to many :embarrassed: 's, the sad thing is I probobly will not buy him when he is realeased, the only way I will buy him is if there was a link in a playset! Same with captain smallet in series 7, They should put a character we dont have yet, thats like 5 kermits! So i think the playset is a good idea because I along with others probobly wont buy this fozzie! If they do come out with a playset I would hope it would be after vets hospital, and the backstage playset! I know the backstage playset is planed to be first but look at how far they kept pushing back pis! I wouldn't be surprised if it didnt even come out in 2003.
Thanks
Tyler
A few points.

1. The PIS set was pushed back because playsets were cut down to 2 a year. They didn't want both sets out in the first half of the year with none at the end.

2. The PIS set is not only coming out in 2003, it's already produced, shipped, and arriving ion stores. Not sure how you could think it's not coming out when it most certainly is.

3. There are not 5 Kermits in the regular retail line. In the regular line there is only 1 Kermit. Notice how exclusives are kept out of the fgroup photo on the back of the packages. That is because they are a separate part of the line. As far as the public is concerned, there is 1 Kermit. In fact, if it wasn't for the over packing of Kernit, most people probably wouldn't have a Kermit if they started late. So, since this is a muppet line, there has to be a Kermit every couple of series.

4. Same goes for Fozzie. There are only 2 in the line as far as retailers are concerned. When looking at an action figure line you can't think like a completist. You have to assume that a large portion of the consumers does not collect the convention exclusives or retail exclusives. If they did, the collector's club would have a heck of a lot more members.

5. The back stage set will be coming late in the line because of all the detail going into it. They've been working on this thing for a long time. So, in order for them to have enough time to put all that detail into the set, they had to do a late in the year release.

Hope that helped. When dealing with al ine like the muppets you have to take certain things into consideration.

Anyhoo, I want a BOP playset. Maybe after the stage set and vets hospital set, but I do want one at some point.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
A few notes:

This set wouldn't displace or delay Vet's Hospital. I think we can safely say that's coming out at the end of next year. This is mainly for 2005. It would have the same SRP, $34.99, and I believe it would be deluxe.

The results of this poll probably won't matter. If the vote is overwhelmingly yes like it is so far, it still won't accurately reflect the general buying public, only the hardcore fans and completists. If the vote is overwhelmingly no, then that indicates a lack of support even on the home front.

So far it doesn't sound like there's a ton of support. I would buy it, probably, but I think mini-playset, a la Koozebane Kermit, may be the best solution.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

jediX

Reaction score
I guess I probably would if it was under $20 ....I just don't want to shell over $35 for this. It would probably do better as some sort of exclusive or something. I just can't see much widespread appeal to this.