• No

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The thing that makes me feel a BOP set is put between a rock and a hard place is because Patrol Bear Fozzie is coming out now. The set would then have to come with Patrol Pig Link and I don't think it would sell too well, also the fact that the skit isn't as well known. I'd really love a playset of it and I would buy it if it came with Link or a reuissied Patrol Fozzie not that I think it's that good of an idea. I'd say that this is a set that would be small like Muppet Labs, not a deluxe $34.99 set. I'd buy it no mater what as long as I had the money, but I don't feel it should be deluxe. Hopeful Patrol Link could be carded if anything can't be done.

Reaction score
I would buy the Patrol Bear set, IF there was a Link to go with it. I, like the other Muppet fanatics, would buy anything Palisades came out with. But, Luke makes a good point, if one playset "tanks it could finish the whole lot". I don't want that to happen. :cry:

The playability factor would be high though, or in my case, it would look really cool on display.

Fozzie

Reaction score
I would. I think it would look pretty cool.

Thijs

Reaction score
Just heard that there won't be a remake of an old playset next year. That means 2 all new playsets, including Backstage.
Because BOP Fozzie will be released sooner then Nurse Piggy, I think BOP playset should be released sooner. But you're right, it won't sell.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Tommie said:
Just heard that there won't be a remake of an old playset next year. That means 2 all new playsets, including Backstage.
Because BOP Fozzie will be released sooner then Nurse Piggy, I think BOP playset should be released sooner. But you're right, it won't sell.
That's kinda good and kinda bad, if they were to remake a playset I would want it to be Muppet Labs, but then the old labs is kind of a waste, but it would fit with Phil van Nuter, yet he's coming with a clock to make Muppet Labs more like Muppet Labs....I don't know... I would not have bought another band stage though, that's where I would have drawn the line for myself.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You might guess that I would buy it. Quicker'n greased lightning in a ball of heat!!

Irving Bizarre

Reaction score
Mmmm, I'd buy it in a trice. I'd buy any playset to be honest. My other half would frown and groan but that's what other halves do so no worries there. :smile:
I think the play value of a BOP playset is high. There's lots of litle scenarios you could set up. More than say, the EM stage for example. From a personal perspective, I think rather than a re-issue labs playset I'd rather have more Lab 'stuff'. More of Bunsen's creations and bits to attach to Beaker like the nose warmer and stuff. But if the labs were re-issued I think one of the changes I'd like to see is more floor space and a movable work table, have the experiment aparatus removable, add a little clear blue spark piece to place over the generator spike thingies on the right. Flatten out the back wall. Just use lighter plastics for everything to brighten the set up.
And make the compression chamber more figure friendly. Have it hinge perhaps so the figures can be placed inside rather than only being able to hang Beaker upside down in it. That is rather limiting as it is.
But this isn't to say I think the current version is dreadful or anything. I love it to bits. But if you were going to re-issue you might as well take the opportunity to improve upon it. And if you're going to do that then go the whole hog.

pepefan

Reaction score
Although it would probably look great. I'm personally getting sick of looking at Fozzie take over my display and I'm running out of room for everything!

Irving Bizarre

Reaction score
So far 2004 gives us the BS set and the VH set. that's the two for the year. so we're now looking at 2005 and what's maybe going to fill the slots then. One I think we can assume would likely be the Muppet theater with stage, proscenium arch and box sets for Statler and Waldorf, a super deluxe set possibly even sold without a pack in figure but with some nice accessories.
In the second slot we have either an MTI set or a BOP set or possibly a box of four small mini sets or happiness hotel set or MFS set or a re-issue of an older set with improvements or something surprising.
Or backstage does really badly and thus sinks the playset line with one good shot to the bows. I think I would quite like to see some mini playsets, just smaller more compact versions of the larger ones. I.E. same scale but a quarter of the size, floor and two walls but with enough decoration and detail to give you the recognition factor, BOP could be done this way, Some of the MT sets could be done as mini playsets, the control room and the talk show set, the elevator doorway/lobby any of the sketches really. One box with four mini sets in it or one box with two mini sets inside. Keep the figures seperate so you can get the figure without being tied to buying the set. Go from the deluxe sets back to smaller ones at a point when most people are likely struggling for room with all the playsets so far.
The sketches might not be well known but if the packaging of the figures suggests that a particular character is right at home in a certain environment it might encourage people to buy mini playsets.
*breathes*
Does my logic make any sense here?

alexmongers

Reaction score
i quite liked the sketch but its not one of my faves. i voted no because i'd rather have the stage as a playset with a box for s&w to heckle from. i don't know if i'd be up for the bop fozzie. mind you i do like the idea if there was a bop playset with a link figure it would be very funny. they'd probably ban it over here! still, not my cup of tea. i'd like to see instead of a playset, perhaps a three pack of monsters. thog, doglion and big mama! that would be superb. afterall sweetums is gonna need his mates to hang out with don't you think? i would be more excited about that. what do you think? shall we campaign for monsters? ROARRRRRRRR!!!!! :eek: