Votes: 63 54.3%
  • Nadar

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McFraggle

Reaction score
beaker said:
Very good post. I think a majority of Americans had no problem goign into Afghanistan: They attacked the US, not many civilians were hurt statisticly by the invasion, and they were under one of the most brutalist regimes. Women had no rights, and having fun(something as benign as music) was illegal. Its funny, the US funded what would have become the Taliban in the 80's and 90's..it's only when they harbored al Qaeda that things got sketchy.

As for Iraq, there is no one person who can say they didn't lie to go in there. I mean they were gonna go in no matter what, so why lie about it? Just say 'Hey, look...we want the oil, maybe we can help the people out too, and I've been planning to invade Iraq since before I took office'. Sadly, a lot of America was dumb enough to believe the lies Bush and the administration gave.

Me? I don't want neither of those clowns in office, but like most, believe Kerry is the lesser evil.

They just spent 500 BILLION on a missle defense system, that they now admit maybe would be 20% accurate. Think how many poor people in America they could have helped, how many diseases could have been cured.
I hear you man. Well said. :smile:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Have you guys heard the latest? Ralph Nader personally flew over to Afghanistan and found Osama Bin Laden hiding in a cave. Nader brought him back, put Bin Laden in a glass case for all to see, and Bush & Kerry still will not debate him.

ASailorsGal

Reaction score
Bush

"Hey, man, just play the gig! Never get involved in politics!"
- Floyd, guitarist with The Electric Mayhem Band

While I did read all the commentaries posted in this thread, I cannot talk politics, as you will see firsthand. I have my own ideals, but can't get the words out correctly. I don't know a lot of Military families that won't be voting for Bush in this election. The War has pros and cons everywhere we turn - more cons - but we still lose our husbands, et al, to deployments and casualty trajedies. I may not agree with our forces and our leaders, but I trust in them because I believe in my husband and his choice to protect us and keep us free. Sappy, I know. My husband does NOT take his oath or duty lightly and neither do I. I can't - or else I wouldn't be able to function. I just trust that God will show us the way and we pray for both sides of every coin. (I told you I suck at talking politics!) Thanks go to ScaryLarryWolf and MuppetsRule, as they helped to put some of my thoughts into words. We can bash others all we want, but we are still actively fighting that war, therefore I stand by the President, whomever that may be.

Heather
ASailorsGal - and proud of it! :big_grin:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
A very big THANKS to your husband, Heather, for serving his country and fighting for all the freedoms we enjoy, including being able to freely express our political opinions on this forum.

And a very special THANKS to the sacrifice you and your family have made. While the difficulties faced by those in service and/or in combat are tremendous and easily recognizable, often times the sacrifice that military families make often goes without notice. The time missed with loved ones can never be replaced. And much of our military is underpaid and lives in substandard housing. Your thoughts and feelings aren't sappy. They are brave and patriotic.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband, and all of our military! God bless.

Censored

Reaction score
ASailorsGal said:
"Hey, man, just play the gig! Never get involved in politics!"
- Floyd, guitarist with The Electric Mayhem Band

The War has pros and cons everywhere we turn - more cons - but we still lose our husbands, et al, to deployments and casualty trajedies.

The war is one BIG con. Everyone who loves and cares about their loved ones in the armed services or just beleives that the lives of soldiers are not expendable for selfish political gain and personal family vendettas should vote for Kerry. JMO

KCJ506

Reaction score
I voted for Kerry because I don't like Bush and I don't won't four more years with this moron as our president.

Whatever

Reaction score
Did everyone see the presidential debate tonight? Bush kept avoiding the topic to talk about education, even when it would not help the situation. :rolleyes:
And the No Child Left Behind program stinks!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I missed the debate because we were busy celebrating Cathi's birthday. How was it?
Erin