1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Would you vote for Bush or Kerry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disneys Muppets, Jul 6, 2004.

?

Will you vote for Bush or Kerry?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2004.
  1. Bush

52 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. Kerry

63 vote(s)
    54.3%
  3. Nadar

1 vote(s)
    0.9%

1. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Everything are goverment does is weaved with Religion. It's on our money in our pledge we open our congress and senate with prayer. We don't need to be like the Rest of the world. Sepretist this whle week i minority the godlessness ones have spewed their non sense and fear of the almighty

People mess up but it is god's forgiveness that shines thru to try to lead them to be better

Off topic

But, God is involved in every aspect of this contry and the freedom that people have it is not forced but it is a presance every day in every document every law Bush won because he stands for something a belief a faith he bettered himself and the people around him are good WILLY Clinton commeted adultry thats a sin he has to face him own demons everyday but we forgave him for his SIN

Lastly, You can find a point anywhere to prove youur point but shut up about the Slavery issue it was 2000 + years ago and it never says that it is approved to sell your daughter

GOD BLESS
  2. Kimp the Shrimp

i forgot............... NOBODY IN THIER RIGHT MIND WORSHOPS KERMIT, MICKEY or ANOTHER CHARACTER AS GOD, THEIR SAVIOR, THE MESSIAH
  3. Thijs

Thijs Member

Hey, there is a button on your keyboard, which is called 'point'. .... See, it's easy ...... Everybody can do it .....
  4. They are idols though. And even if you don't want to accep that point, you can accept the fact the freedom of religion encourages and supports worshipping "false idols" or untrue Gods.

Now you said God is on our money. Well the only reason he is on the money is because during the civil war the people felt they needed SOMETHING that would serve as a symbol of unity during a time of division in the country. So, they chose God. Now it doesn't say WHAT God mind you. It simpolky says God. It could be the christian God, the Jewish God, the Islamic God (oddly enough these are all suppose to be the same God). It could also be the Hindu God. It's not religion specific. It also wasn't enacted by the founding fathers who you claim based the country on religion.

God was ut into the pledge during the 50's. Again the country felt they needed something that would make them better then those "evil" communists. It was felt that God would serve as that something. Again, not the founding fathers who decided that.

As for opening senate with prayer, I'll have to look into that. I didn't know it, but if I remember I'll find out wen that was enacted. If it was not enacted by the founding fathers, your opinion that the country was founded on religion is still invalid.

About the slavery thing, it does say that you can do it. That would have to mean it is ok to do so. Are you questioning God? You see, the Bible HAS to be 100% true. Otherwise everything comes into question. So, you have a choice, You can either follow everything in the Bible, or you can question everything in the Bible.
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

Well have a good day next Caller....................
  6. christyb

christyb New Member

You know what. I'm not even getting into this. It seems way to complicated.
  7. Kimp the Shrimp

I'm Not Going To Discuss The Bible On a Muppets Site With A Perosn That is Just Trying To Dispell GOD You Believe What You Want If It Get You Thru The Day And I'll Do The Same I Deal With Too Many Authiest On The Radio To Deal With It Here. I Will Discuss any other Topic other then the Bible
  8. Kimp the Shrimp

lets just keep christ in christmas
  9. Kimp the Shrimp

Let me just ask who voted on Nov 2nd,2004

you don't vote, don't complain
  10. christyb

christyb New Member

I voted. But I think I'm gonna go back and read this thread some. I'd like to see how ya'll went from Politics, to the Bible, to Muppets.

P.S. Touche Kimp. (Wait I wasn't even arguing.)
  11. christyb

christyb New Member

Ok. I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole. I'll leave it to those of you who are starting to get a little bit angry. I have my views and you have yours. Life's good and I'm not opening a can of worms.
  12. I'm not trying to dispell God. I am saying that if the Bible is his word than you have to follow it. How is that dispelling God? Isn't that what you believe? And that STILL has nothing to do with the fact thist this country is NOT a christian theocracy no matter what you say. It was not founded to be a christian theocracy either. If you believe in God and are christian then YOU should do so. Just leave me out of it and don't say things are immoral because God said so. That is not a reason to make something illegal in this country.

You get so mad simply because I'm trying to ahve a real conversation and when you are forced to ask questions about yourself you shut down. That is not being a thiniking adult. If you really could prove your point you would.
  13. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

Sure you are trying to dispell god. Didn't you know, everytime you question or maybe think a little outside the box you are branded witch and burned at the stake? ;)
  14. Kimp the Shrimp

i just don't want get kicked of this board
  15. Doctor Teeth

Doctor Teeth New Member

Goodness! What have I done!?
    I'm not even going to bother... :halo:
  16. Why would you get kicked off the board by having an intellectual conversation? I'm sure you can back up the things you say without resorting to cursing or attacking. I have. Perhaps you find it difficult to ask yourself these questions and you are shutting down?
  17. Kimp the Shrimp

I Put A Mirror Up To The Faces Of The Board Leaders And They Saw Sometning Scary But Thats Fine Cause I Laugh Everytime I Here That Shows Writers & Actors Make Fun Of Them During Commentary
  18. How ironic when we're trying to define God by human standards! :excited: With the Bible, it's necessary to take controversial passages (such as "selling your daughter as a slave" or whatever) and look at them in a broad context (culture, implications, etc.) instead of taking it at face value. Plus bear in mind some differences in translating -- human error or linguistic discrepancies may be a factor.

Another thing about thinking outside the box is the faith element (which, according to the Bible, equals salvation). Interesting how believing in seemingly unattainable things is the backbone of what the Muppets stand for... People can tell me all they want about how I'm stupid to have "blind" faith when I should believe in things I can prove physically or logically, but if they haven't experienced faith themselves, then I don't see how their points can be valid. "Don't knock it 'til you try it." Copernicus was ridiculed for his faith in the theory of the sun as the center of the solar system, but in the end it turned out to be true. I see a parallel here...

OK, I think I'd like to be roasted a medium rare, please.
  19. The thing is, if you start saying some passages have to be interpretted and taken with a grain of salt and others don't, when do you stop? Is Noah's ark one of the literal things or one of the things that need to be taken with a grain of salt? I'm not trying to say there is or isn't a God. Frankly I don't think anyone can actually know that. I am saying that IF there is a God and IF the Bible is his word, then logically you would have to follow it. And that is where we run into a problem. If there is something that isn't liked in the Bible (like the slavery thing) it's usually chalked up to a translation problem or it's said that particular passage is cultural. Well, if we follow that logic, then how do we know God really does see homosexulaity as a sin? You can't use the Bible anymore because we're using the logic that certain passages are to be taken with a grain of salt or even thrown out.

See, this is why it's not good to strictly use the Bible as one's moral code. If we did, then we'd stone bad children (that's in there too) and sell our daughter's into slavery. You can not use the Bible to say one thing is moral or immoral unless you do it fr everything. And I think that is the problem Kimp the Shrimp's Avatar
    Kimp the Shrimp Kimp the Shrimp is having. It's not dispelling God, it's dispelling the Bible. Two very different things.

BTW, I do agree with a lot if not all of the teachings of Jesus, be he the son of God or not. Again, I can't claim to know if he is or not. But I have found many christian churches simpky do not follow what he taught which was peace, harmony, brotherhood, and so on. And if you ask me this country isn't built on the teachings of Jesus at all. Capitalism is not part of the teachings of Jesus. If Christians really followed Jesus they would all be minimalists as long as there are starving children. Would Jesus by a brand new car when there are starving babies in the world? Think about it.

I say it is not Christianity that is the problem, it is Chriistians and the perversion of the teachings that were meant to bring peace. Instead they have been used for crusades, the holocaust, and even the war in Iraq. I actually saw Jerry Faulwell (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) say "LEt's blow them all to **** in the name of the Lord." That is what gives christianity a bad name.