• Kerry

Votes: 63 54.3%
  • Nadar

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, Bush sort of announced it was over more than a year ago. But everyone agrees he jumped the gun in a big way... As far as not speaking out goes, I guess I can see where you're coming from, but I don't agree that any war should be supported without question. I think everyone should be free to express their opinions on the matter.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
If we curtail the ability to speak out against something we are angered by and disagree with, especially when it involves our government, then what on earth is this "freedom" that I keep hearing we're fighting for?

:confused:

Censored

Reaction score
It's not nice to confuse people with the facts during a war. You're supposed to FEEL patriotism, not intellectualize it.

Beebers

Reaction score
You ARE being deliberately both specious and facetious in your comments, correct?

I surely hope so because if you actually mean what you say, then holy cowcakes.

:frown: :frown: :frown:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
It's not nice to confuse people with the facts during a war. You're supposed to FEEL patriotism, not intellectualize it.
But you can love your country and still disagree strongly with actions that it takes. That's part of what makes us American! Patriotism doesn't mean blind obedience or silent acceptance...

McFraggle

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
But you can love your country and still disagree strongly with actions that it takes. That's part of what makes us American! Patriotism doesn't mean blind obedience or silent acceptance...
My sentiments exactly, Andy. :big_grin:

Censored

Reaction score
Beebers said:
You ARE being deliberately both specious and facetious in your comments, correct?

Of course I am. I didn't think it could be taken any other way. :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I strongly agree with you Andy,especially the silent acceptance. It's called Free Will,that's what makes us Americans,ability to choose; whether its for or against someone elses opinion.:smirk: Those who are none so blind,who will not see. 'I see,' said the blind man. Is the war still going on? How rhetoric! Turn on a tv,radio,or CNN.com & find out that it is still going on GeeBee,geez.

Beebers

Reaction score
GeeBee was being facetious and rather brilliantly so; would make an excellent newspaper or blog column/commentary.

:cool: