Votes: 63 54.3%
  • Nadar

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leliebel

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I'm not old enough to vote....but I did here!!! MWU HAHAHHAHAAAA!!!
I'm not even from the right country to vote... but I did here!!! :stick_out_tongue:

leliebel

Reaction score
Luke said:
...well unless votes go missing in Florida again.
You Americans have such a peculiar election system. :stick_out_tongue:

What I do like is that the debates are very simple compared to the dutch ones. Dutch politicians tend to discuss amongst them selves. The americans seem to put everything in Layman terms a lot more.

They really put on a show, which is good because it gets people more involved in politics, but it's also bad because you can never really tell what they're really all about.

Also, do you really have only 2 politican parties, or are the other ones so insignificantly small? And if so, are these parties unable to grow because the two main parties have so much power?

Who am I to talk... The only dutch candidate to ever really put up a show, got shot and still got a huge share of the votes. :stick_out_tongue:

Rest assurred, my country is just as weird as yours. Just different.

Beebers

Reaction score
We have in fact tons of parties and anyone can run for anything in this country, and they do. The problem is our news media, which do not cover anything much other than the two predominant parties. Our news media is becoming increasingly problematic here but it's too much to post here intelligently, would take too long. Someone here, I believe far back in this thread, posted a list and/or links to the many parties/candidates, it may have been Fozzie Bear (fuzzy memory lol) but it's worth searching for. I wish I had the energy to explain some of the mechanisms here, which are cool and fascinating, but if you google around on the subject you can learn a lot.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

ceecee

Reaction score
I'm seeing John Edwards tonight!

John Edwards is speaking in a town about 25 miles from me tonight. I'm going! I'm very excited because I've never been to any such event. I'll try to post tomorrow how it went.

Beebers

Reaction score
Just tell me if his hair moves at all. That's all I want to know.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Just tell me if his hair moves at all. That's all I want to know.

LOL! I never noticed he might be wearing a wig... or a frisbee.

Beebers

Reaction score
He is referred to as The Breck Girl in political, journalistic, legal, and private D.C. circles of all parties.

(Breck was a highly popular women's shampoo in the 1960s whose T.V. and print ads featured extremely stylized artists' colored-pencil portraits of women with relatively straight-but-perfect glowing hair. It was lousy shampoo, and they are no longer in business.)

:big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
Somebody should introduce him to Link Hogthrob.
:big_grin: :eek:

Beebers

Reaction score
haaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaahaaa

ROFL