• Kerry

Votes: 63 54.3%
  • Nadar

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beebers

Reaction score
I'll probably get totally roasted for this, but so be it. I'm a registered Independent, moderate, and never vote nor base my thoughts along party lines of any sort. I grew up during Viet Nam and the majority of my closest friends are veterans (draftees, not volunteers) of that conflict, which I did not support and indeed protested against on more than one occasion. To a one they do not support John Kerry in any way. "War hero" is a term bandied about all too much these days. Max Cleland, another vet who has been a tool of considerable influence in this campaign, has despite his injuries led a productive and admirable life, and is portrayed as a war hero. The sad fact is that his injuries were incurred as he was exiting a helicopter for a weekend of R and R and fell on his own grenade, which detonated. He was not supposed to be wearing grenades at that time.
I also have countless gay friends. Some live single, some are dedicated couples, all live quite openly yet never in an "in your face" sort of way. Not one of them considers gay rights to be an issue at all, nor do they feel it should be a part of Presidential campaigns.
I've spent my lifetime in Massachusetts and Connecticut and we know quite a lot about Kerry. His Senate attendance and voting records are abysmal, and that's only one issue. For myself, I can't put a vote behind anyone, regardless of party affiliation, who reverses themselves on issues and past behaviors as much as he does. And he's not offering anything to me as a voter on any issues whatsoever - what will he DO - he's not telling me. (Sorry, Kerry fans.)
The only point I'm making here is that facts, actual things, are often obscured in the emotion of the day. This is our first election in a post-9/11 world, and emotions are understandably running high all around. And I'm not necessarily saying I'll vote for Bush either. Being well-informed makes good voters, no matter whom they vote for. Now more than ever people can get at a world of information, and they should, and not rely only on a small scope of media information.

I could write a lot more here but I won't. Vote with your mind, it's the best tool you have, and good luck to our world, here there and everywhere.

:cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
The only point I'm making here is that facts, actual things, are often obscured in the emotion of the day. This is our first election in a post-9/11 world, and emotions are understandably running high all around. .

:cool:
Agreed, but to me, most of the runaway emotions seem to be on Bush's side.

Beebers

Reaction score
lol, I think it's everywhere but I treasure that all can agree to disagree freely. I've all my life wished that it was less about sides or parties and more about humanity.

:smile:

ZOOT for PRESIDENT

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish we would just abandon all this election b******t and just have the polititions fight to the death for the possition.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Yeah! They should hold an Eastcoast Celebrity Death Match, seeing as Washington DC is basically the Eastern equivalent of Hollywood these days. :rolleyes:

Beebers

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
Sometimes I wish we would just abandon all this election b******t and just have the polititions fight to the death for the possition.
*immediately builds a Colosseum for just such events*

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

P

Philo and Gunge

Who am I going to vote for now, you may ask? Why Hymie, the invisible six-foot kangaroo, of course!

McFraggle

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
Who am I going to vote for now, you may ask? Why Hymie, the invisible six-foot kangaroo, of course!
Was he born in America? :smile: