X-Men Hype

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I loved X-Men 1 and 2, but was dissapointed with #3. For one thing, in the second movie whenever Jean starts to become phoenix her eyes are firey, but in the third her eyes are life-less black. What's with that?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Haha! I never even realized that, C.G.!:smile:

Guess it's because when Jean's Phoenix powers were coming out in the second one, it was her as the good Phoenix and not the dark one, like in the third movie.

As Count always says, hope this helps.:wink:

muppetsadmirer

Reaction score
That is interesting. :smile:
I was a little disappointed that Rogue gave up her powers, though.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was devistated that she gave up her powers...see, I was SO certain that the movie would end with Rogue arriving, having NOT given up her powers, and somehow leaping upon the Pheonix absorbing enough of her power that Jean could take control again. Apparently not though...

BEAR

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I was devistated that she gave up her powers...see, I was SO certain that the movie would end with Rogue arriving, having NOT given up her powers, and somehow leaping upon the Pheonix absorbing enough of her power that Jean could take control again. Apparently not though...

I WAS EXPECTING THAT TOO!!! It would have made for a better ending. I forget what did happen with her. Did she or did she not choose to give up her powers? On the DVD they show an alternate ending, but I don't remember which they used. I think Rogue had the most frustrating "power". I always felt so bad for her.

Beauregard

Reaction score
In the 'official' version she comes home and touches Iceman's face. And he says, that he didn't want for her to do that. And she says it's what she wanted.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
Haha! I never even realized that, C.G.!:smile:

Guess it's because when Jean's Phoenix powers were coming out in the second one, it was her as the good Phoenix and not the dark one, like in the third movie.

As Count always says, hope this helps.:wink:
That's a good reason. Still, the black eyes look down-right creepy.:stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
That's a good reason. Still, the black eyes look down-right creepy.:stick_out_tongue:
Not to mention her loverly...ever so loverly...skin being transformed into haggard, tight nastyness.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
You think that's creepy, you should see the Marvel Legends Movie Jean Grey variant!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh? Any idea where I can find a picture of that?