1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

X-Men Hype

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beauregard, Jan 24, 2007.

1. muppetsadmirer

muppetsadmirer New Member

That's exactly what I was hoping would happen! Do you think if there were a 4th Chapter, do you think they'd find a way for her to get her powers back or leave her like she is now? I'm hoping there would be a way to reverse it.

I still need to watch the DVD. I haven't had the time to watch it because of my studies and everything. What were the extras like?
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well...Magneto had his back right at the end of the movie...so there's a chance that hers will return slowly also.
  3. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I couldn't find any thing on google. You might want to try Toyfare.
  4. Beauregard

Has anyone heard any news about the Wolverine movie or the Magneto movie? I've seen snippets here and there, but they tend not to lead to much...Anyone heard/seen/read anything definate about these projects?
  5. muppetwriter

muppetwriter Active Member

Hey, I'm glad you asked that, Beau.:)

They're saying that David S. Goyer (the writer of Batman Begins) is going to direct the new "Magneto" movie. And casting calls have begun for the "Wolverine" one.

This is according to SuperHeroHype!, and their information is almost always accurate.;)
  6. Beauregard

Oh that should be amazing if the Batman Begins writer works on Magneto. I've always felt sorry for Magneto, while hating him. He's a very deep villian, worthy of thought.
  7. muppetwriter

muppetwriter Active Member

I agree. David Goyer knows how to create great brooding stories, such as this new Invisible movie that came out over the weekend. If he can create that same atmosphere for "Magneto" that he did for the Blade films, then this should be one marvelous movie to watch.:)
  8. Beauregard

I really want to see Invisible when it hits DVD in the UK. It looks great.
  9. crazed gonzo fa

10. Beauregard

Oh that's exciting. I'd love to see more of Jugganaught, but expecially Sabertooth (Wolverine's dad, no?) though I can see him being recast for that movie.
  11. crazed gonzo fa

That was the original idea, but I don't think so.
  12. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Oh I love Sabertooth! I know, I know, me and big hairy men........ :rolleyes:
  13. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

How did this thread slip under my radar?

I'm a GIANT X-Men fan. Like... immensely so. The comics, of course. I think that the film franchise is steadily going downhill, especially with the announcement that David Goyer (of all people!!!) is doing the Magneto movie. I don't hate Goyer, but I can name plenty of people off the top of my head who would be much better. Alfonso Cuaron, for one, who was rumored for a long time. Goyer did a fine job with the Batman Begins script, but have you seen Blade: Trinity and The Invisible? He's a pretty God-awful director.

X-Men: The Last Stand was a steaming pile of... um, awful. Hated hated hated HATED that dang movie. I have five good things to say about it.

-Iceman's big scene.
    -Angel's big scene.
    -Kitty's big scene.
    -Magneto in general.
    -It was short.

If Brett Ratner returns for a possible X-Men 4 (I don't do the whole X2 thing... I don't care what stupid Rothman thought would be cool), I will not be seeing it. Give me Joss Whedon, please.

Also, cast Rodrigo Santoro as Gambit. I've seen him in a variety of foreign films, and he's got fantastic charisma. He's got a variety of different accents at his disposal. C'mon, Fox, make the right decision for once.
  14. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

X-Men: The Last Stand needed Bishop
  15. Beauregard

What X-Men: The Last Stand needed was four-fold...

a. Looser editing
    b. Better score
    c. Less people killed off
    d. Then throwing in the trash and re-writing, filming, editing from scratch.
  16. anytimepally

haha :crazy:
  17. Beauregard

Hehe! That's what they say about cucumber, "Slice thinly, dress lightly with salt and pepper and throw it out."
  18. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

X-men 2 was definately the best one, though. The third movie makes me so frustrated.
  19. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I missed Night Crawler in the third one. They should've kept him in!
  20. anytimepally

totally.. he was the best character in the 2nd one