1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

X-Men Hype

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beauregard, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, it's not Muppets...but this is general discussion, and I know there are a load of comic fans here, so, I thought I may as well post it.

Anyways...besides a general discussion of all things X-men, wanted to quote this from here.

I've e-mailed them. I'm sure some of you will do the same! There are still so many X-men stories need to be told, and so many characters need to appear!!! Plus, Beast and Angel havn't exactly had much screen time..tsk tsk.

Bea:crazy:{~xxx~}regard
  2. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Hey Beau, do you read the comics?
  3. Beauregard

No, I confess I've never touched an X-man comic. However, I've read the guides and explored Wikapedia for hours, researching the lives and futures of the X-men.

I saw a trailer for X-men 2 and imediatly fell in love with the franchise. As a result I imediatly ordered X1 and X2 from Amazon, and took an X-men Characters book (I forget what it's called) out of the local library which was a HUGE hard cover book stuffed with fabulous X-men facts. I really enjoy the whole universe they work in, and everything in it and sincerly hope there's another movie!
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Never a reader of the comic. In fact, I was never into those kinds of comics at all. I liked the cartoony comics, like Donald Duck, Yogi Bear, Snoopy, etc. However, I have grown to really enjoy the films a lot.
  5. Beauregard

I have a friend who has hudreds of Donald Duck comics, literally!
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Like I said, never a big comic booker. The only ones I did have were those and I enjoy the comics in the Sunday paper. It's funny how I can get myself into the films, but can't sit through a comic.
  7. muppetwriter

muppetwriter Active Member

I DO!!!!!:excited:

Oh, wait. You all already know that.:o

I've been meaning to send a message to 20th Century Fox, asking....no, BEGGING them to do another X-Men film! Don't know how much mail they've gotten lately, but if they get enough, maybe they'll bring the group back for one more go-around. Wouldn't that be MARVELOUS?:)

I'm just excited enough about the Wolverine and Magneto spin-offs that are going to come out next year.
  8. muppetsadmirer

muppetsadmirer New Member

That's cool. I should really show this to my best friend. She is a huge X-Men fan. I admit, that I never really got into the comics. My love for X-Men really started with X-Men Evolution and spun off to the films. I think it would be interesting to see another X-Men film. There are a lot of good stories they could use to produce another film.
  9. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Hey, muppetsadmirer, that's alright. X-Men Evolution is an awesome show! I watched the old tv show when I was younger and I love all of the movies. a 4th one would be awesome! I want to know what happened to Scott. Just when he started to get interesting, he dissapears. :(
  10. muppetsadmirer

I'm still waiting for the 4th Season! I have only seen clips from the 4th Season...So, I really cannot wait for it to be released! I also hope they make a 5th Season, but I'm not sure if it will happen or not...

I want to know what happened to Scott and the Professor, too. The last scene left an opening for a possible 4th X-Men Chapter.
  11. crazed gonzo fa

I loved X-Men 1 and 2, but was dissapointed with #3. For one thing, in the second movie whenever Jean starts to become phoenix her eyes are firey, but in the third her eyes are life-less black. What's with that?
  12. muppetwriter

muppetwriter Active Member

Haha! I never even realized that, C.G.!:)

Guess it's because when Jean's Phoenix powers were coming out in the second one, it was her as the good Phoenix and not the dark one, like in the third movie.

As Count always says, hope this helps.;)
  13. muppetsadmirer

That is interesting. :)
    I was a little disappointed that Rogue gave up her powers, though.
  14. Beauregard

I was devistated that she gave up her powers...see, I was SO certain that the movie would end with Rogue arriving, having NOT given up her powers, and somehow leaping upon the Pheonix absorbing enough of her power that Jean could take control again. Apparently not though...
  15. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I WAS EXPECTING THAT TOO!!! It would have made for a better ending. I forget what did happen with her. Did she or did she not choose to give up her powers? On the DVD they show an alternate ending, but I don't remember which they used. I think Rogue had the most frustrating "power". I always felt so bad for her.
  16. Beauregard

In the 'official' version she comes home and touches Iceman's face. And he says, that he didn't want for her to do that. And she says it's what she wanted.
  17. crazed gonzo fa

That's a good reason. Still, the black eyes look down-right creepy.:p
  18. Beauregard

Not to mention her loverly...ever so loverly...skin being transformed into haggard, tight nastyness.
  19. crazed gonzo fa

You think that's creepy, you should see the Marvel Legends Movie Jean Grey variant!
  20. Beauregard

Oh? Any idea where I can find a picture of that?