1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

You know, I love you guys!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by beaker, Aug 5, 2002.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Ok...I tend to joke about Chris and Byron's silly post banter...or joke about implying Jamie is a secret covert operative for Ken...but really, I love you guys!

In the years I have been on various online forums, none have come close to the nice feeling I get from you all on here.
    I got to meet some of you at Muppetfest, and was pleasantly surprised how nice in person your IRL personas are. And it is really great seeing what new members can add to this wacky colelctive.

That said, I know a lot feel that MC has perhaps lost a bit of its luster. And I too sometimes miss the old MC. However, there were a lot of infighting, some bickering...etc. I kno wIve had my share of various feuds and whatnot. Yes, the days of intereteing *** for tat flame wars have gone...replaced by a tidal wave of Figure related threads. And yes, we dont seem to have the kind of JHC employee/insider posts we had back then. But still, I feel that this is a community, and each and every person on here has something interesting to contribute.

I dont know of any other site where so many members have so many neat artistic talents. Whether it be custom figure plush or quilt making, graphic design, site building, puppetry, music, drawing, radio, media, etc...everyone has quite a bit of talent on here.

That said, I cant wait to see MC continue to grow, and I sisncerely cant wait to meet all you guys at Muppetfest next year!
    (as I hope everyone who can, can try and make it)

...ok, this concludes the Muppet mayhem interruption!
  2. Jackie

Jackie New Member

3. radionate

radionate New Member

awwww, we love you too! :D
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Ok guys - so who got three wishes from a Genie and made Cory nice ?

Luke
    (Just kiddin ya - thanks coremeister ! *wipes tear*)
  5. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

6. radionate

radionate New Member

I'm still outta shape and poor, so it wasn't me!
  7. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

In such a creative cavalcade of unique individuals, I'd say that we've all had a common inspiring influence all the years of our life. The work of Jim Henson and his friends.

:)
  8. Jackie

Jackie New Member

All of the Muppet fans are just a big extension of that friendship :)
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Ok guys - so who got three wishes from a Genie and made Cory nice ?
    Luke
    (Just kiddin ya - thanks coremeister ! *wipes tear*)<<<

Well, when I look through and see just *how much* creativity and genuine commonality and comradery everyone shares on here, there really is a collective warm feeling I believe.
    Wow, thats a lot of "C" words!(sorry byron^_^)

>>>All of the Muppet fans are just a big extension of that friendship <<<

Awww! Ok, that is one of the most profound things Ive heard all week! :)

>>>In such a creative cavalcade of unique individuals, I'd say that we've all had a common inspiring influence all the years of our life. The work of Jim Henson and his friends<<

I'd say so...I think I have a need to listen to that follow me mp3 BlueFrackle gave me^_^
  10. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Cory,

That was nice maaaan, :D

But come on, You did enjoy those Flame Wars didnt ya ?

See ya
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>That was nice maaaan<<<

Thanx BlueFrackle!

But come on, You did enjoy those Flame Wars didnt ya ?<<<

um...lets just say I was conducting my end of the front line flame wars via a cumbersome webtv setup from a Sears electronic store in a upper crust mall downtown. *sigh* Those were the days! hehe
  12. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Guess your new digs at PC World make you feel like the Jeffersons, eh?

*sings*

Well we're movin' on up...
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Guess your new digs at PC World make you feel like the Jeffersons, eh?<<<

Hey, thats Gateway computers! And I think I'm gonna be moving on out of here soon(got a big vacation in a few days)
    Besides, I get the feeling they really are wondering if Im gonna by a computer.

Like today, a store worker said 'so, when are youg onna buy a computer?' LOL
  14. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Heh, I thought of you today while at the library, actually. I stifled a giggle while watching a kid try to talk two crabby librarians into allowing him to lift the firewalls so as he could IM his buddies... and I said to myself, "There but for the grace of Gateway goes Cory!"
  15. Well, sinse Kris hugged you, that must mean that I did too, sinse I'm handkuffed to him.

;)

:)

(and probably Nate, though his post wasn't as spesifik)
  16. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Did he succeed?
  17. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

No actually... the ladies decided that since they didn't know what a firewall was, they better just leave them in place, young man! And then I wondered why he even asked in the first place. And then I thought about what a nice, well-raised young man he must be to think to ask when he probably could have just done it without them ever even knowing the diference. And then I thought, wait, maybe he *is* just going to do it, which is now worse since they already told him *not* to when he asked. And then I thought, what the heck do I care anyway? Firewall, Shmirewall.
  18. Jackie

Jackie New Member

LOL! I don't think he can do it himself. But that's still a funny story! It's good to be a teacher, eh? ;)
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

Y'know you'd think those dudes at Gateway would have given Cory a job by now - lets face it, he's in there more than they are. I've already suggested he hide under the table at closing time to get more time online. Hmmmm - maybe i should airmail him a tent ! ;-)
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Heh, I thought of you today while at the library, actually. I stifled a giggle while watching a kid try to talk two crabby librarians into allowing him to lift the firewalls so as he could IM his buddies... and I said to myself, "There but for the grace of Gateway goes Cory!"<<<

hehe, that is a funny story...and you know the odd part jess?
    I AM AT A LIBRARY right now! hehe Luckily Ive been able to work around proxy firewalls with such ease at any public terminal;)
    *sigh* well it sure beats putting hundreds into a computer and a monthly bill!(and the eventual frustration of a pooter breakdown)