You know that unaired Dexter's Lab episode?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Adult Swim put it up on Youtube. Of course, I'm referring to Dexter's Rude Removal, the "blow off some steam" cartoon we were never meant to see.

Unfortunately, they censored it very obviously, but at least we can see this lost classic once and for all...

Slackbot

Reaction score
Whoooooa.

I saw this when they aired it at the San Dirgo Comic Con years ago. We were told that if we videoed it, or even remembered too hard, there would be dire consequences. I never thought they'd make it available. I've saved the file, just in case they have poster's remorse and take it down again.

At SDCC it was bleeped just like this. However, in the title card Dexter's behind and Dee Dee's finger were pixelated out. So, this is actually a less-censored version of the ep.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
OH MY GAWD!

What have they done here? Yikes! I can't believe they even got as far as making the whole episode...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tell you the truth, if they just overdubbed the cuss words with their G rated counterparts (darns, dangs, and razzafrazzas), this could have aired as part of the actual series. But for this to be leaked by an official source no less is amazing.

of course, if you look real hard enough, someone managed to cobble together a pseudo-uncut version with sentence mixing.

This was fun, but I still prefer the old Porky Pig "Son of a... Gun" cartoon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Up until I had heard word that this episode was actually going to be released, I honestly thought it was another one of those urban legends, like that supposed lost episode of Ed, Edd n Eddy where Ed turns into a scarecrow in the end.

It's hard to imagine though that they were given the money to actually make an episode just for their own personal pleasure.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*shrugs*

I don't see the big deal. So they made an episode for themselves. So what? It's not like they had any intention of airing it to warp the precious noggins on impressionable children :stick_out_tongue:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The episode itself itsn't really the big deal. The fact that it's been released by an official source is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I said I was surprised they had the money to be able to do it; cartoons aren't given a whole lot of money to finance the show in general, so I'm a little surprised they were able to afford to do an episode for their own personal use.