You know that unaired Dexter's Lab episode?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
(See what I mean? Although, no one even talk like that where I live.)
MrsPepper said it once in conversation. Just sayin'.

I can't resist, however, mimicking your real accents though... like the way you guys says words like "sore-y" and "to-more-ow". :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey! At least it's better than the New York accent.
"Sarrey" or "Te-mar-oh."

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
At least you don't drink "caw-fee" and eat "saw-sege" for breakfast like we Philadelphians do :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And then there was that time when Ren & Stimpy creator John Kricfalusi jumped the shark with the TV-MA "Adult Party" version on SpikeTV, which was the virtual equivalent of R&S mixed with the twisted kind of humor you see in Family Guy, South Park, etc., which gave Kricfalusi more creative liberty than the Nickelodeon version.....
Spike kinda forced his hand to make it more "adult." The series was plenty adult as it was until he was fired and it got juvenile. Of course, this was Spike's line up of horrible shows like Gary the Rat and Stripperella. And the sad thing was, the ratings of rerun classic R&S episodes were far higher than the actual new cartoons. Both parties realized it was a mistake on every count, and the show ended mutually.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
MrsPepper said it once in conversation. Just sayin'.

I can't resist, however, mimicking your real accents though... like the way you guys says words like "sore-y" and "to-more-ow". :stick_out_tongue:
MrsPepper actually used to live in the same area as me, which is really cool!
She lived like, a train ride away. Anyway, that's why we have the same accents. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MrsPepper actually used to live in the same area as me, which is really cool!
She lived like, a train ride away. Anyway, that's why we have the same accents. :wink:
And also, because you guys are, well, Canadians. :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not all Canadians sound the same. Really, in different parts of Canada, there are people who say "Eh?" all the time..

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, I know. I've spoken with Pep before, and have listened to her voice work on the internet (she's even done voice work for me before), and on the whole, she really doesn't have a very noticable accent, just certain words have a more Canadian sound to them (again, like "sore-y" and "to-more-ow" as opposed to "sah-ree" and "to-maw-row"); likewise, years ago, Beau recorded both an audio message for us, as well as an MC rap, and as well, his accent sounds almost nothing like the way America entertainment depicts British accents as... funnily enough, I remember there being an episode of Hogan's Heroes where J. Pat O'Malley guested: he spoke in his natural British accent, and of course, Richard Dawson exaggerated a cockney dialect for his character, so I remember some people commenting on O'Malley saying, "Dude, why is the British dude speaking with an American accent?" XD To his credit, O'Malley can do a GREAT stereotypical hillbilly/southern accent.

But, I digress, getting far too off topic here. ><

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw this when they aired it at the San Dirgo Comic Con years ago. We were told that if we videoed it, or even remembered too hard, there would be dire consequences. I never thought they'd make it available.
Having not yet watched this, I can't believe there'd be consequences just fr remembering it too hard. I wonder what the big deal is.

Spike kinda forced his hand to make it more "adult."
Really? I once read a review of the DVD release, which said that the show was funnier during the Nickelodeon era because John K was limited in what he was allowed to do, and stated that the new show needed executive meddling. So it turns out the show did have meddling from the network as opposed to John K having creative controll.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Spike wanted an adult show and they wanted him to push the limit and make all the jokes more obvious. I mean, if you think about it, classic Ren and Stimpy was very adult to begin with. The retro 1950's/60's atmosphere for one, resembling older HB cartoons. What kid's going to pick up on that. The boogers and weirdness brought the kids in, the weird plot lines, obscure references, and of course the ambiguous sexuality (check out the Missletoe sequence in Son of Stimpy) was for the adults.

Adult jokes in kid's shows are funnier than adult jokes in adult programs for 2 reasons. First of all, they're not supposed to be there, making them a surprise and therefore funnier because you wonder how they got away with it. And more importantly, you have to be incredibly clever and subtle about it to pass the thorough censors, thus making it trickier and smarter than just saying it. The short leash Nick kept John K on made the show better. Implying something is funnier and more clever than just showing it obviously.