You may be an 80's child if...

anytimepally

Reaction score

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
What the heck was Karg anyway? Blade was the guy with the sword and the eye patch, Saurod was a lizard man, who was actually pretty cool, Gwildor was like a red headed troll, but what was Karg? He was like a skunk man or something.

Here are the figures they made on. They don't look nearly as good as the film versions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUILDOR-MOTU-Mo...ryZ18989QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLADE-MOTU-Movi...ryZ18989QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAUROD-MOTU-Mov...ryZ18989QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
No wonder I passed these up! But the Saurod figure looks kinda cool...

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I had Whiplash, too.

Wasn't he like some kind of lizard creature with a long tail?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I had about every He-Man figure ever made, but they are all gone now. I also had Snake Mountain and the Evil Horde slime pit. That was my favorite of all. I remember how excited I was when I heard A MOTU movie was coming out. Then I was so disappointed when I saw it. None of my friends liked it either. Why was it set on Earth? Why did they create new characters instead of just using the ones they already had? So many questions. It would be great if they did a new version and kept it true to the animated series. But who could play He-Man?
I remember being a kid, and thinking that there was no such thing as a bad movie because I loved every movie I saw, no matter how bad it was. But then that He-Man movie came out and I was like, "What a piece of crap!" That was the day I lost my childhood innocence.
Oh yeah, Garbage Pail Kids were big with us little screwballs on the playground. Oh happy day whenever a new set was issued! We'd trade 'em all the time. I had quite a collection. Wish I still had 'em. I hear original Garbage Pail Kids sets can fetch a pretty penny these days.

As for He-Man, I actually liked Orko. I don't know why, but he was one of my favorite characters. I had the action figure too, that came with that plastic key thing that would make him spin around when pulled.

Let's see. The He-Man action figures I had were...

He-Man
Prince Adam
Skeletor
Battle Armor Skeletor (was that the name of it?)
Ram-Man
Man-at-Arms
Moss Man (remember he had that funky smell?)
Orko
Man-E-Faces
Zodiac
Mer-Man
Beast-Man

And probably a few more. As I said above, I had the Castle Greyskull playset, too.
We lost so many Garbage Pail Kids cards because teachers would take them away from us without a second thought. I always wondered if those teachers held onto the countless new series one GPK cards they confiscated and used them for a retirement fund.

One of my favoritre MOTU figures I had was a two headed figure that had spring loaded punching arms. One side was metal, the other wood. What was his name? The punching action was kind of silly though because they ultimately just pounded on their chest.

anytimepally

Reaction score
One of my favoritre MOTU figures I had was a two headed figure that had spring loaded punching arms. One side was metal, the other wood. What was his name? The punching action was kind of silly though because they ultimately just pounded on their chest.
his name was Two-Badd

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh thanks, anytimepally!

As for He-Man, I actually liked Orko. I don't know why, but he was one of my favorite characters.
I forgot to say, I loved Orko, he was probably my favorite character, I just hated pretending to be him. Everyone else got to run around flailing sticks as swords and whatnot. I had to pretend to float around and wave my arms and cheer He-Man on.

Now I'm a jaded and cynical man, and it's all because of Orko.

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
I remember being a kid, and thinking that there was no such thing as a bad movie because I loved every movie I saw, no matter how bad it was. But then that He-Man movie came out and I was like, "What a piece of crap!" That was the day I lost my childhood innocence.
That's funny. I don't think I know anyone who liked that movie. Even Courteney Cox couldn't save it.

I would have to say my favorite He-Man figure was Webstor. I loved his climbing mechanism. I also loved the Evil Horde, especially Grizzlor.