Your Animal Replica Pictures

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
When Diz bought the Muppets, did they not get the patterns and everything? Wouldn't the Puppet Heap Muppets also be based on those same patterns?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Ok Folks, for all you doubters out there or those of you still sitting on the fence about whether to buy Animal, heres a picture of mine.

Bear:embarrassed: in mind, he's unposed and has had very little done to him since I got him as I'm still trying do decide on a pose and don't want to weaken the metal by constantly faffing. I think I'll wait til I get a drumset to pose him.

Anyhoot...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/2206271729/

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm more impressed with the Ghostbuster Hook & Ladder #8 photo! Did you go there yourself? Did you go inside? They have a movie memorabilia wall inside (I understand).

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Yeah, it was one of my lifes ambitions (I'm realistic with my goals:stick_out_tongue: ) to visit the Ghostbusters HQ. I didn't get to go in as they were out on call (the firemen not the ghostbusters!) but I peered through the window and they have the 3D sign from the second movie on the wall and there's a Ghostbuster fireman painted on the pavement outside!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
SWEET!

Now that I've got this way off topic: There were 3 guys from a Ghostbusters fan forum who made an Ecto-1 and drove it there. They have photos inside the firehouse with the car and everything, they wore uniforms and equipment. It was awesome.

Back on topic:
Frogboy: You said you cut the feathers from Animal's head?
Anthony: Can you give a tutorial on the felt thing you did with your Animal's eyes?

Luke

Reaction score
When Diz bought the Muppets, did they not get the patterns and everything? Wouldn't the Puppet Heap Muppets also be based on those same patterns?
Well the Kermit review says that Master Replicas now recieve patterns, swatches and notes from Puppet Heap so the way Animal turned out i guess they gave Master Replicas the plans they use themselves for Animal right now and he has turned out a great replica, actually extremely accurate when you look at the latest "real" Animal puppet. I'm sure Puppet Heap had access to Henson's original patterns, they are all ex-Henson builders anyway, but for some reason the puppets they turn out (while still being beautiful classic representations) seem to have a slightly more modernized, maybe even more detailed/empasized look about them. Could be how Diz wants em to look, maybe its just Puppet Heap putting their own stamp on em, no idea. I guess when Master Replicas wanted to do a 70's version of Gonzo they had to go back to the original Henson plans, since he's changed so much.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Nice pose.....he looks like he has just started to calm down from having a fit!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
SWEET!

Now that I've got this way off topic: There were 3 guys from a Ghostbusters fan forum who made an Ecto-1 and drove it there. They have photos inside the firehouse with the car and everything, they wore uniforms and equipment. It was awesome.

Back on topic:
Frogboy: You said you cut the feathers from Animal's head?
Anthony: Can you give a tutorial on the felt thing you did with your Animal's eyes?
I trimmed some feather on his head but mostly from his chin. I didnt like Animal with lots of chin hair. I would be really careful if you are going to cut his hair as you need to be really steady:smile: . I had pupils given to me by a really nice member of this forum. I was able to peal off the pupils and re adjust them. They look a lot better now. I have just bought a chain from a local hardware store and it looks pretty cool on him, I was inspired to get one after watching The Great Muppet Caper earlier today. Its a shame he didnt come with the collar
and chain.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/HoldmeBackImdangerous.jpg

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score