Your Animal Replica Pictures

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well the Kermit review says that Master Replicas now recieve patterns, swatches and notes from Puppet Heap so the way Animal turned out i guess they gave Master Replicas the plans they use themselves for Animal right now and he has turned out a great replica, actually extremely accurate when you look at the latest "real" Animal puppet. I'm sure Puppet Heap had access to Henson's original patterns, they are all ex-Henson builders anyway, but for some reason the puppets they turn out (while still being beautiful classic representations) seem to have a slightly more modernized, maybe even more detailed/empasized look about them. Could be how Diz wants em to look, maybe its just Puppet Heap putting their own stamp on em, no idea. I guess when Master Replicas wanted to do a 70's version of Gonzo they had to go back to the original Henson plans, since he's changed so much.
I'm thinking that Disney wants to brand the Muppets and their look in a consistent, easier to replicate way. The only character that seems to have a hard time is Piggy. It appears they're trying to find an appropriate formula for her since Oz. Her Muppets TV look makes her head too plump and her face too tiny. :mad:

(ducks karate chop) :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm thinking that Disney wants to brand the Muppets and their look in a consistent, easier to replicate way. The only character that seems to have a hard time is Piggy. It appears they're trying to find an appropriate formula for her since Oz. Her Muppets TV look makes her head too plump and her face too tiny. :mad:

(ducks karate chop) :embarrassed:
I think you are probably right. It may also be that some of the master puppets our main Muppeteers are using may still be pre-Diz JHC built ones. Only the Piggy that Eric seems to be using is reminiscent of the "Muppets TV" clones, unless as you say they just had a hard time with that character.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It is going to be interesting what Terry is going to put out for Piggy since he has no pattern to go by from what he told me. It is all going to be done out of foam. He is going to do the body and a friend of his is going to work on the head. Wonder what look they will be going for. I know it is going to make me ask him when I email him next time. :mad:

Telly

Reaction score
I wanna know what Piggy's going to be wearing!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing about cutting the hair on Animal. It's a bit spooky being the price paid for him. It just isn't the same as when making my own design of something, y'know?

Telly

Reaction score
antonydavanzo and frogboy4 - I love your guys' Animals! Awesome job!

Mistersuperstar - I'd love to see that Piggy look mixed with this one! :mad:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar - I'd love to see that Piggy look mixed with this one! :mad:
I know what you mean. The slightly streamlined and slightly prettier version. As long as it's not too close to the newer Piggy with the very light and toneless complexion and shorter, blonder, straight hair. Piggy's hair needs to be darkish blonde, with a slight wave, and quite a way past shoulder length. Also, the newer Piggy seems to have had her cheeks done and a nose job which don't do anything for her.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The closer she looks to this the more I will like it. :mad:

I'm might just start a thread about this.