1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Choices: Palisades Series 9

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Philo and Gunge, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Thijs

Thijs Member

so true!! I miss Seymour so much since MFS. I like Pepe, but with Seymour it was twice as funny. They formed such a great team. But...daydreaming...
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Pepe went all Hollywood and forgot his roots. :rolleyes: LOL!
  3. jediX

jediX Active Member

As long as I see some frackles/boppity/gloat and regular Rowlf somewhere down the road (you can pretty much guarantee Rowlf) I don't mind how many movie costume versions they do. I just won't buy them if I don't want them. Then again Palisades' lines series' always suprise me, so who knows...
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Yeah if the playsets was Vet's H I could see a Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice then but i don't know if they would do a Dr. Bob with vets H at the same time, you know, like holding if off which is what they are doing with PIS. I wouldn't not think the playset would come with Nurse Piggy, as she's already got a set, I guess it could come with nurse Janice too though.
  5. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Questions-

Do we know Rowlf is coming in 2004?

Where did you hear there wouldn't be a musician in S9? Or is that stemming from the Rowlf prediction?

Characters that haven't come out yet:

TMS
    Naked Rowlf
    Naked Robin
    Sweetums
    Dr. Bob
    Nurse Piggy
    Nurse Janice
    BOP Link
    Tux Fozzie
    Uncle Deadly
    Pops
    Lips
    Lewis Kazagger

MT
    Benjamina Gunn
    Clueless Morgan

MT
    Sal
    Bobo
    Mulch
    Spamela (how likely some of these are, I can only guess)

GMC
    Pops
    Lips

What we do know is S9 & S10 each have army builder pack-ins and a misleading header. What I can't think of is who the army builder is for S9, unless it's Baskerville or one of the other dogs coming with Rowlf, or maybe a group of frogs coming with Robin (but it'd be too soon after S7). Maybe it's a patient for VH? A monster two-pack? Uncle Deadly with pack-in monsters (like Boppity and Gloat)? Rowlf & Baskerville is my best guess.

My guess is Benjamina Gunn and Pops in S9. Don't know who the two TMS figs will be, Rowlf will probably be one and the other will probably be an obscure character, like Uncle Deadly or maybe Lips. For right now I'll say Uncle Deadly.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think when Tux Rowlf and Sam Arrow were released, Ken expressed unofficially wanting them for 2004.
  7. Zack the Dog

Yeah I Think I remember Ken saying that about Rowlf, it could always have changed though.But I think with a sculpt that has already been worked on Rowlf would come out in 2004.

TMS
    Naked Rowlf
    Naked Robin
    Sweetums
    Dr. Bob
    Nurse Piggy
    Nurse Janice
    BOP Link
    Tux Fozzie
    Uncle Deadly
    Pops
    Lips
    Lewis Kazagger

MT
    Benjamina Gunn
    Clueless Morgan

MT
    Sal
    Bobo
    Mulch
    Spamela (how likely some of these are, I can only guess)

GMC
    Pops
    Lips
  8. Zack the Dog

Yeah I think I remember Ken saying that too, It could always have changed though. But with there already being a Rowlf sculpt made with just some work needed to be done on it, I would think he will come out in 2004.

I would add Bean Bunny to that list but maybe take away Mulch &
    Spamela. I think if Spamela is made, Haslehog has to be made, and with those two, then Andy and Randy would need to be done. Seymore seems like a better choice then all of them. This would be my list of Muppets with a few changes on what I think should be done

TMS
    Naked Rowlf
    Naked Robin
    Sweetums
    Dr. Bob
    Nurse Piggy
    Nurse Janice
    BOP Link
    Tux Fozzie
    Uncle Deadly
    Lewis Kazagger
    Tux scooter
    Tux Sam and tux Robin
    Maybe Tux Statler and Waldorf

MTI
    MTI Piggy
    Clueless Morgan
    MTI Fozzie
    MTI Gonzo & Rizzo

MT
    Sal you think he'd get three repaints too like Jonny? with all those pack in's? it would make people buy more!
    Bobo the bear
    Seymore with Pepe as bellhops
    MAYBE Andy and Randy pig, just because there were a few mentions of them even after MT but not much at all the MFS "Piggy with andy and Randy picture" and a mention of them in the cerdits of the Muppet Race Mania Game even thought they weren't in the game,but it looks like they ARE in Muppet Party cruse! :concern: plus the fact they Henson made bio's out of them on Muppets.com like they were part of the gang.

TGMC (I don't like listing Pops or Lips as GMC figures when they could very well be MS ones, but it just unfortionly seems that way, either way I hope we get them both.

I don't know if Bean could be listed as MT? I wouldn't mind if they listed him MCC even if he should be the only MCC figure to be in the line, keeping the rest to the PVC'S with hopeful a pvc of him too.

oh and vacation figures I'd like are

Gonzo and Rizzo
    Statler and Waldorf
    Piggy
    Kermit
    maybe even a vacation Animal and/or Chef like he was from MTI with grill and stuff, he'd be listed MTI then though.
  9. Thijs

Thijs Member

Don't mess with Andy and Randy. You might hate 'm, but they are part of the gang. They had a big part in MT. I'm not a big fan also, but they're better then Clifford and Phil van Neuter IMO.
  10. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Member

Here's an idea - is it possibly the GMC fig might be Lips? He had more screen time in that than on TV or in any other film - even had a few lines. He could come with his trumpet, disguise/mask, maybe even the Baseball diamond and a parachute? :)
  11. Gorgon Heap

Been scratching my head trying to think of what character in S9 would come with an army-builder.

Rowlf with another dog? All the dogs on the show looked different, so buying multiple packs wouldn't help.

Robin with frogs? Perhaps, but I think it's too close to S7.

Boppity & Gloat two-pack? I don't think that really counts.

Swedish Chef with a chicken? Ken had said something a long time ago about wanting to do an exclusive Chef repaint with the 'chickie in de baskie' accessories. So, like Ken said, that would be an exclusive.

How would you get a nameless pig out into the mix? That'd be an army builder, but it would also be too large.

Army builder rat? Fine, but with who? Bo doesn't come with any rats, and he's the only one I could think of who would. Maybe an MTI character with rat tourists? Nah.

Nurse Piggy or Nurse Janice with a pack-in patient? What would be the point, except to get out another pack-in?

Then it hit me- something no one has mentioned, something that would include a tentpole character and an army builder. There have been groups of dogs, pigs, frogs, chickens, rats, monsters, creatures and- you know, there were rabbits, too. In the Doug Henning and Alan Arkin episode especially. Now a Jekyll-Hyde potion variant of a regular character would be too obscure even for most fans, but what about Magician Fozzie with magic hat, magic wand, Indian rope trick and a pack-in army builder little white rabbit? It makes sense, says I.

What does everyone else think of this wild guess?

12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think things have gotten kind of confused here. I don't remember an army builder listed for series nine. I remember a Sal buddy-pack listed for series 10 and Tux Gonzo will come with Bernice the Chicken sometime between series seven and nine. Maybe that's what you're thinking. I could be wrong about that, but just haven't caught this development yet. :confused:
  13. Gorgon Heap

Found it. Matleo posted it in this thread:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=9448&page=2

The information was accurate as of September 19, and it reads as follows:

Series 9 (designations: 9-17-03)
    TMS
    TMS
    GMC
    MTI
    retail excusive MFS

*Note Series 9 has an army builder type pack-in
    **one of these designations is misleading
    ***author’s note: We know that Ken wants to do Pops as a GMC figure. my guess is that fills at least one of our S9 slots.
    ***Target will have a new exclusive for S9& 10 (9-19-03)

Series 10 (designations 9-17-03)
    TMS
    TMS
    TMS
    MT
    EXCL: TMS

*one of these designations is misleading.
    *note Series 10 also has an army builder type pack-in.

Matleo, have you heard anything from Ken to contradict this info since then?

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I see it's in Matleo's list, but I don't remember Ken ever saying that. I have found that many of these update lists are incorrect so I usually go straight for the source and army builder has only been used with Tux Gonzo and series 10 from what I remember.
  15. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

S9 MIGHT have a pack-in. Not sure yet though.
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well there you go. Official word. Hope we get a pack-in for nine. :eek:
  17. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

Here's a thought...

Couldn't we have Lips with a penguin pack-in??? I mean, wasn't Lips in the orchestra before every episode??? And then there was a penguin orchestra??? It would please many fans at once I believe... Then we have plenty of Muppets with instruments...
    Rowlf, Dr Teeth, Animal, Gonzo, Zoot, Floyd, Janice... I fell like I'm missing someone... Hmmm... Oh yeah!! Strangepork with MAMMA!! HAHAHAHA...
  18. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I would love to have Pops and a penguin! Not necessarily together, though. :zany:
  19. Thijs

Thijs Member

So then I have to buy several Sal's to build an army? Why don't release a package of four penguins? I'm sure non-fans would love that too.
  20. Zack the Dog

Well, yeah, but I think it was said that he would come with two to beging with, (maybe three orignaly?) But I was thinking they should maybe do three Sal repaints like they are doing with Jonny, you know to match them up. ofcoure the reg Sal counting as one, maybe then a Sal with Banana's painted on his little vest and then maybe a tux like one. a Monkey suit! then people would buy more, thus having more penguins. but it might or might not be too expencive to make with the pack-in's already.