Your episode list for The Muppet Show DVD's 16-20

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I just got the five new Time Life DVDs today (which was quite difficult as I'm from the UK!) and I got to thinking that Columbia stated they would be releasing 20 DVDs but only at least six months after the respective Time Life releases - so presumably Time Life still have at least another 5 DVDs to be released some time next year.

Seeing as these may very well be the last of the episodes released I figured maybe we could conduct a poll of what remaining episodes we'd like to see released. Out of the 75 remaining episodes here are some of the ones I'd like to see in no particular order of preference:

1) Leo Sayer
2) Spike Milligan
3) Christopher Reeve
4) Shirley Bassey
5) Gladys Knight

jetjaguar15

Reaction score
Any of the episodes that feature a great Animal sketch. Especially the one where the Electric Mayhem do "Rockin' Robin"!

tygerbug

Reaction score
You're not gonna see the Spike Milligan episode released I don't think, not from an American company. Spike was purely a UK phenomenon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to see the one where Bert sings that love song. I mean, Ernie and Bert on the Muppet show? HOW COOL IS THAT? Plus the Marty Feldman episode!

jetjaguar15

Reaction score
The Marty feldman episode is already on the same DVD/VHS as the Alice Cooper and Vincent Price episodes.

mattyboy

Reaction score
id like to see Lesley Ann Warren, Kaye Ballard, Ruth Buzzi, Buddy Rich, Candice Bergen and Leo Sayer.

jetjaguar15

Reaction score
Another one that would be great to have would be the Jim Nabors Episode.

Sean Gaffney

Reaction score
There are still some more theme DVDs they could do:

16) British Comics no one in America knows
a) Bruce Forsythe
b) Spike Milligan
c) Chris Langham

17) Sitcom stars
a) Nancy Walker
b) Cloris Leachman
c) Jean Stapleton

18) Were these people ever really famous?
a) Cleo Laine
b) Shields & Yarnell
c) Wally Boag

19) More singer/songwriters who can't act very well:
a) Kris Kristofferson
b) Crystal Gayle
c) Joan Baez

20) Actual famous people we're just getting around to releasing:
a) Candice Bergen
b) Christopher Reeve
c) Johnny Cash

(n.b. - some of these are not meant to be taken seriously. :wink:

--SG

Sean Gaffney

Reaction score
Originally posted by tygerbug
You're not gonna see the Spike Milligan episode released I don't think, not from an American company. Spike was purely a UK phenomenon.
I wish they'd released Spike together with Peter Sellers' episode. Heck, I wish they'd done the troika back in the 70s, and had Harry Secombe as a guest.

Spike's Muppet Show is one of my all-time favorites, though I do wonder if the Small World skit would now be 'politically incorrect'.

--SG

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I must admit that out of all the episodes left the Spike Milligan one is the one I would REALLY like to see on DVD!

Actually the other one I want to see again is the British guy who wasn't particularly famous... he was on the recent UK "I Love The Muppets" show but I can't remember his name! What was that guy's name?!?!