Your episode list for The Muppet Show DVD's 16-20

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Douglas,

Peter Ustinov ?

I cant think of anyone else.

He was also interviewed for 'Childrens 100 Greatest TV Shows' about The Muppet Show, Which got to Number Two (Simpsons was One).

And he said "...With Kevin the Frog or whatever his name was..."

I think thats really ignorant seein as he was on the show and in a movie.

And i dont think he was trying to be funny either, He forgot Kermits name.

See ya

mattyboy

Reaction score
The only british actors that were on the muppet show were
Julie Andrews
Cleo Laine*
Bruce Forsyth*
Peter Ustinov
Elton John
Roger Moore
Dudley Moore
Glenda Jackson
Twiggy
John Cleese
Spike Milligan*
Peter Sellers
Petula Clark
Leo Sayer
Marty Feldman
Lynn Redgrave
Shirley Bassey
Chris Langham*
ONLY 20!!!
Even the one's with the stars next door to them were only big in the UK, not really big in America or anywhere else.
Hopefully this helps you remember which british person you're talking about Douglas Fir.

Sean Gaffney

Reaction score
Originally posted by mattyboy
Even the one's with the stars next door to them were only big in the UK, not really big in America or anywhere else.
Heck, Chris Langham wasn't even big in the UK. Was his stand-up career well known before he was a writer with the Muppets? Aside from his one Muppet Show, I've only every seen him on an early British episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway?.

--SG

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Chris Langham - that's the guy I was thinking of! I wouldn't mind seeing his episode... just out of curiosity!!!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Heck, Chris Langham wasn't even big in the UK. Was his stand-up career well known before he was a writer with the Muppets? Aside from his one Muppet Show, I've only every seen him on an early British episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway?.
In "I Love Muppets" show, Langham gave an interview and say's he was recommend by John Clesse (Which JH asked Clesse of knowing good UK writers). I think Langham also worked on "Not the 9' clock News" (BBC Comedy skecth show) round about the same time of TMS where Langham co-stared with Rowan "Mr Bean" Atkinson, which that could explian how he was recommended.

See ya

MuppetDanny

tygerbug

Reaction score
Harry Secombe! Ha, that would be amusing. An American release built around the Goon Show. As if anyone in America would have any frickin' idea what the heck that would be. I like the vague British-ness of the original Muppet Shows. I would have killed to see Neil Innes or Vivian Stanshall or obviously any more of the Python lads on. Peter Cook ....

sal

Reaction score
Chris Langham wasn't (still isn't) particularly famous in the UK. He was a writer on the Muppet Show and only appeared as a guest star because the scheduled performer pulled out at the last moment. I remember hearing this story on a TV show recently (could have been "I Love the Muppets"). Can't remember who the scheduled guest start was or the exact reason he pulled out (I think he was drunk or something like that???).

Although not particularly famous, Chris Langham is a funny guy. He has been in a recent UK sitcom with Caroline Quentin and Amanda Holden and in a spoof real life documentary (some episodes of which were classic).

Peter Ustinov's "Kevin the Frog" line? My vote is that he was joking. He was also in Great Muppet Caper so really should know. He is Chancellor of my University so I feel I should stick up for him. (Peter Ustinov I mean - but Kermit would be a great Chancellor too).

KCJ506

Reaction score
If Time-Life was to release every episode of TMS this is how I would like it:

16. Christopher Reeve, Bruce Forysth, Petula Clark

17. Victor Borge, Ethel Merman, Shirley Bassey

18. Glenda Jackson, Peter Ustinov, Andy Williams

19. Johnny Cash, Twiggy, Judy Collins

20. Loretta Lynn, Linda Lavin, Chris Langham

21. Lou Rawls, Sandy Duncan, Hal Linden

22. Elke Sommer, Roy Clark, Candice Bergen

23. Buddy Rick, Nancy Walker, Arlo Guthrie

24. Rich Little, Jonathan Winters, Kaye Ballard

25. Florence Henderson, Zero Mostel, Wally Boag

26. Harvey Korman, Jean Stapelton, Bernadette Peters

27. Phyllis Diller, James Coco, Milton Berle

28. Gladys Knight, Lynn Redgrave, Ben Vereen

29. Dizzy Gillespie, Avery Schreiber, Helen Reddy

30. Joel Grey, Loretta Swit, Don Knotts

31. Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge, Jim Nabors, Roger Miller

32. Leo Sayer, Jean-Pierre Rampal, Cheryl Ladd

33. Alan Arkin, Anne Murray, Lena Horne

34. Valerie Harper, Dyan Cannon, Shields & Yarnell

35. Doug Henning, Leslie Uggams, Connie Stevens

36. Joan Baez, Charles Aznavour, Teresa Brewer

37. Paul Williams, Cleo Laine, Melissa Manchester

38. Cloris Leachman, Ruth Buzzi, Carol Channing

39. Spike Milligan, Lesley Ann Warren, Jaye P. Morgan

40. Crystal Gayle, Marisa Berenson, Phyllis George

jediX

Reaction score
sal said:
Chris Langham wasn't (still isn't) particularly famous in the UK. He was a writer on the Muppet Show and only appeared as a guest star because the scheduled performer pulled out at the last moment.
Chris Langham also made NUMEROUS appearances as different human stand-in characters in the Jim Henson Hour.

I believe the person you are thinking of is Richard Pryor. I heard he was scheduled to be on TMS but bailed out.