Your Favorite Musicals

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well, I'm an actor-type fella, so I've been in my share of musicals. Here are some of the ones I've been in, and the roles I played:

Cabaret - Cliff Bradshaw

How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying - J. Pierepont Finch

Guys & Dolls - Nathan Detroit

You're a Good Man Charlie Brown - Schroeder

Anything Goes - Sir Evelyn Oakleigh

Bye Bye Birdie - Albert Peterson

Hair - Claude

I do my share of "straight" plays and musicals. The last show I was in (to date) this past fall was Journey's End, definitely NOT a musical (!) set during WWI. I played Captain Dennis Stanhope, a bitter soldier who drinks heavily to control his nerves and maintain his sanity. A revival of the show just opened on Broadway.

Back on topic...

Here are some of the musicals I like, but haven't been in:

Chicago
The Rocky Horror Show
Little Shop of Horrors
Oklahoma!
Sweeney Todd
As a matter of fact, I did do RHS (as Brad) two years ago. I completely forgot! The same cast who did Charlie Brown did Rocky at the same theatre with the same director/music director/choreographer. I recently found the program, and it had my name in it, so I must have done it. This is normal for me. There are shows I have done that I can't even remember the names of!

But the Charlie Brown/Rocky Horror connection was interesting. The cast of CB was perfect, and they were perfect for their parts in Rocky:

Charlie Brown - Frank N. Furter
Snoopy - Janet Weiss
Schroeder - Brad Majors
Lucy - Magenta
Patty - Columbia
Linus - Riff-Raff

And we had three other actors to play the Narrator, Rocky Horror and Eddie/Dr. Scott.