Your favorite stop motion animation films

pezbalubah

Reaction score
when you say stop-motion film, Nightmare is a given... no other stop-motion film has come close...
Vincent is a good short,
Monkeybone had some interesting stop motion bits, but way too much of it edited out in favor of live action,
James and the Giant Peach I liked it pretty much expect for the music, it would have been much better had Danny Elfman did the songs.

Can't wait for the Corpse Bride or Henry Selick's next film "Coraline"

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
And of course, Claymation Specials by the Vil Vinton Studios
Yeah, does anyone remember "Claymation Comedy of Horrors"? What can be funnier then one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse drunk and passed out?

Drtooth

Reaction score
In all honesty, I can't wait for the new FULL LENGHT Wallace and Grommit film, that's coming out next year. (I look forward to new W&G collectibles, should they come out, the Brits always have the best stuff, though!)

But I really think that something should be said for the original Gumby. I really love that little green thing with the buddist bump of wisdom on his head (I am not making this up! I have an old book about Gumby!)

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
In all honesty, I can't wait for the new FULL LENGHT Wallace and Grommit film, that's coming out next year.
Indeed, that should be pretty darn good. I think the new Tim Burton stop motion film 'Corpse Bride'(dont worry, Im sure itll be pg/pg-13) will be out too. Check out those new Wallace and Grommit shorts if ya have a fast enough computer.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Wallace & Gromit and Chicken Run for me...there's something almost Muppety about them.

I still haven't really "seen" Nightmare Before Christmas...the parts I have seen I've enjoyed, but somehow it always led to making out, and I've never seen how everything turns out. Love the designs, but the songs...left me kinda cold. Well, evidently not.

Anyway.

I'm also looking forward to the Wallace & Gromit feature film next year.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I'm so sure that Burton is still attached to Corpse Bride, he's not directing it, he might be a producer like on Nightmare, but either way it should turn out good.
And as for Danny Elfman's songs I think they're the best songs in a motion picture musical ever! (second would probaly come Paul Williams' songs in the Muppet Movie) Now Randy Newman... he just bores me.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by pezbalubah

James and the Giant Peach I liked it pretty much expect for the music, it would have been much better had Danny Elfman did the songs.

Can't wait for the Corpse Bride or Henry Selick's next film "Coraline"
Couldn't agree with you more about the music for James & the Giant Peach. If I had one sore spot about Pixar films it would be Randy Newman. He can score a film pretty well, but his songs--especially his singing--really rub me the wrong way. Whoever allowed him to ever record his own voice on a song should be given a severe flogging!

Danny Elfman was the highlight of Nightmare Before Christmas. I whish he would have continue Jack's speaking role as well. He's a great composer, but man I wish he'd write more songs.

Here's hoping "The Corpse Bride" is a musical...

Emerald

Reaction score
I deffinately agree. Traditional animation and puppetry, in my opinion at least, takes so much more skill than cgi and it's sad to see it abandoned. Don't get me wrong, computer animation and stuff is cool, but really..... Give me Muppets anyday.

Oh, and Wallace and Gromit are my favorite! Everything Nick Park has done is awesome.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I just saw George Pal's Tulips Shall Grow. :cry: Truly a beautiful film. Worth seeing in times like these. :sympathy:

NOTE: although there is nothing obscene about this URL, it has the word H-E-double-hockey-sticks in it, so it is automatically censored. To see the link, retype the H word in place of those asterisks.

originally posted by pezbalubah
I'm so sure that Burton is still attached to Corpse Bride, he's not directing it, he might be a producer like on Nightmare, but either way it should turn out good.
A while ago I heard that Mike Johnson (The Devil Went Down To Georgia) is in the UK, directing Burton's new stop-motion feature. Is this it?

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
There was a short christmas film called I think "the little donkey" it was my favourite chrismassy show it was very beatuful but haven't seen it for ages.