Your favorite stop motion animation films

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Oh yeah, that is a pretty cool one. Too bad there was a decade gap in between Vinvent and NBXmas though. Its interesting to see stop motion animation used in live action films, like DavidLynch's Eraserhead(1978) or even Return of the Jedi(1983).

Oh, but the most avant garde, envelope pushing anime has *got* to be Davey and Goliath! :stick_out_tongue:
In Return of the Jedi was that the part were there were those AT walkers ?

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
In all honesty, I can't wait for the new FULL LENGHT Wallace and Grommit film, that's coming out next year.
Wow I never knew this thats great hope we get it here in Australia we probably should.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I love stop motion, its so fun to watch. My favorites would have to be:
-Nightmare Before Christmas--such a great movie!
-Wallace and Gromitt--I remember once in chemistry, we didn't have anything to do and my teacher let us watch W&G instead, that was the best chemistry class EVER!
-ALL Rankin/Bass films
My favorite is the more obscure "Jack Frost" special.
I agree, that one is definitley one of my favorites along with Year Without A Santa Claus and Santa Claus is coming to Town (mmmm, I love Christmas:smile: )
--Chicken Run--Nick Park rules
--Creature Comforts--we used to watch this in art all the time, those were good days.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Full-length Wallace and Grommit film???? :excited: SCORE!!!! (My world just got a little happier!!! :big_grin:)
Love Wallace & Grommit & Chicken Run, those Rankin & Bass stop-motion ones, (I LOVE Nester), California Raisins, & the Claymation Christmas special!!!! (I am SOO sad my tape of CCS is wearing out...:sympathy: )
Oh, and Comical_Dr Bob, I don't know if the AT-AT's were stop-motion, but I KNOW the Rancor in ROTJ was!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
Love Wallace & Grommit & Chicken Run, those Rankin & Bass stop-motion ones, (I LOVE Nester), California Raisins, & the Claymation Christmas special!!!! (I am SOO sad my tape of CCS is wearing out...:sympathy: )
I forgot that one! I love CCS too!! It's one of my favorite Christmas specials!:excited:

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Gorg
[

A while ago I heard that Mike Johnson (The Devil Went Down To Georgia) is in the UK, directing Burton's new stop-motion feature. Is this it? [/B]
Yup that's it, this is Mike Johnson's first full length feature. I just don't know if Burton is actually producing it... Wish I knew what studio too...If Burton isn't attached to it anymore this could easily become something similar to Monkeybone. (where Burton had nothing to do with it but many people thought he directed it) There's also some people who still believe that ridiculous rumor that Burton directed Mystery Men under the "alias" Kinka Usher.

Joggy

Reaction score
Is anyone here familiar with Pingu? :zany:

"MAWK MAWK!" :zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
California Raisins, & the Claymation Christmas special!!!! (I am SOO sad my tape of CCS is wearing out...:sympathy: )
Oh, and Comical_Dr Bob, I don't know if the AT-AT's were stop-motion, but I KNOW the Rancor in ROTJ was!
My cousin (who is one of my best friends, BTW) was devistated that he taped over his copy of A Claymatiuon Christmas. Everytime I go over his house, I pop my copy (rapidly deteriorating as well) into the VCR. We Skip everything but the Carol of the Bells. You can never hear the video at this point. We laugh so hard, they almost have to call the cops or something. I mean, how funny is, "Duh.. I los' mine!":zany:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
The Carol of the Bells is MY favorite, too!!!! Sometimes we'd rewind and watch just that part over and over....(Hm, no wonder it's all worn out!) I double over laughing EVERY TIME I see it!!!