Your favorite stop motion animation films

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Nightmare Before Christmas, Freaked, (great mix of live action, puppets and it had some wild stop-motion) Rudolph, and Chicken Run

Lu775

Reaction score
No one's mentioned all the Rankin and Bass classic movies. They're great stop motion animation!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Lu775 said:
No one's mentioned all the Rankin and Bass classic movies. They're great stop motion animation!
I LOVE Rankin and Bass!!!! :big_grin: Gee, we haven't watched the lineup of their Christmas specials yet this month!! :concern: We'd better get crackin'!
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I LOVE Rankin and Bass!!!! :big_grin: Gee, we haven't watched the lineup of their Christmas specials yet this month!! :concern: We'd better get crackin'!
Erin
There's been two marathons of them on too!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This is tough:

I loved Nightmare Before Christmas

Then there was that Pogo film that slayed me as a kid
Wallace and Grommit is funn-ee

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Stop-Animation,why did it stop?

Hiya.I miss the old stop-animation.I love the recent ones:Nightmare..Xmas,James & Giant Peach(when it went to the animation part). I love the classic holiday Xmas & Easter stop-animation(Year without a Santa,Here Comes Peter Cottintail,Jack Frost).I love the old Ray Harryhausen stop-animation(yes the animation looked cheap,but its very cool to watch).CGI is the new stop-animation true,but stop-animation should be appreciated as well too. :cool:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I love stop motion animation. It is a form of puppetry, just a bit slower to do. Stop motion animation is another one of my loves apart from muppets. I especially like wallace and gromit and Chicken run is good too. I've tried making a short stop motion animation but I need the right equipment before I do it properly.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wallace and Gromit is awesome. I can't wait for the movie! I thought Chicken Run was wonderful.
Erin

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I also collect some Wallace & Gromit, I don't like them as much as the muppets but they are among my favourite movies and characters. I love stuff from the Aardman animations team, they are great. It would be great to go their studio.