Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

Roughneck

Reaction score
Guys I thought I'd drop you all a note to let you know about a fabulous steal from Ikea Home Furnishings or whatever you want to call it. They have a full glass display cabinet that is 59.00. I got one for my frog, and I have to tell you it looks like a f'in museum peice now. They have a light that you buy separately comes with two lights that you mount with double backed tape. (I mounted mine in the front two corners) The problem is that it isn't very wide. 17" I think. And because of the glass shelves it will basically only hold two replicas of Kermit's size. Gonzo would fit and I don't know much about how low you can get Animal without looking odd or caged. But guys it's definetely worth looking at. I have it in my living room with a red velvet curtain hanging behind it (ala TMS and to cover a door opening that is not used.) I'll post pics soon.

Kevin
Yeah....The Detolf....I totally bought a couple myself....I don't use them for Muppets though.....I've had Kermit in one, but I want them all Side by Side in some other fashion....but yeah, those shelves do RULE.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I finally got around to changing his pupils. He doesn't look so sad anymore! I think he's finally happy to be living with me! Now if only I could get a sweatervest that fits him correctly! Thank you, MuppetCaper!

Before and After
http://usera.imagecave.com/ChrisTheReject/Gonzo001.jpg

Side
http://usera.imagecave.com/ChrisTheReject/NewGonzo008.jpg

Kermit & Gonzo
http://usera.imagecave.com/ChrisTheReject/NewGonzo005.jpg

Zombie Gonzo
http://usera.imagecave.com/ChrisTheReject/NewGonzo001.jpg
I know this question has probably been asked time and time again but:
How easy is it to remove the original pupils?

Do they leave a lot of marks behind? Do they leave sticky residue behind and how do you remove it?

I have to agree that his eye placement is pretty awful on the original thing so replacing them is almost a must! Good job Telly! :smile:

Lab Rat

Reaction score
The pupils come off really easily and leave no marks i just scrape them off with a finger nail.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Good and bad news folks. The bad - TCZ are clueless with the incoming date for Gonzo, we know that! This does not look good IMo as if he was due in Friday then they would be at least 90% sure.
The good - Fozzie will be up for pre order within the next few weeks, they have had an email from MR to confirm this! So we may get Fozzie at the same time....PS Fozzie is apparently due for Sept.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Good and bad news folks. The bad - TCZ are clueless with the incoming date for Gonzo, we know that! This does not look good IMo as if he was due in Friday then they would be at least 90% sure.
The good - Fozzie will be up for pre order within the next few weeks, they have had an email from MR to confirm this! So we may get Fozzie at the same time....PS Fozzie is apparently due for Sept.
Not really good news is it, by the time TCZ get Fozzie in I'll be drawing my pension!:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. If the worst comes to worst with Gonzo, I got a quote through from Toynk saying that if 6 are ordered the unit cost would be around £176 shipped. Expensive, I know, but it's good to have options!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Not really good news is it, by the time TCZ get Fozzie in I'll be drawing my pension!:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. If the worst comes to worst with Gonzo, I got a quote through from Toynk saying that if 6 are ordered the unit cost would be around £176 shipped. Expensive, I know, but it's good to have options!
Well I am up for changing next week if the date changes OR FP cannot get him, are there anyone else that would join me and Reevz1977?
PS this waiting reminds me of Kermits delay.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
My only reservation is that you may get one of those delightful customs bills...or as they call it "easy money"!:boo:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
My only reservation is that you may get one of those delightful customs bills...or as they call it "easy money"!:boo:
Good point. Customs will have a field day with the tax to pay on £176. My guess with handling fee would be £25 minimum.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I will try and keep you guys updated on the status at Forbidden Planet, since thats were I placed my order for Gonzo. But so far no word from them about the blue weirdo.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It looks like any country outside of the US (and I think some people in Australia have received theirs) is going to have to wait the same amount of time before they get him. I wonder what's caused the hold up.