Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Oh by the way, my Gonzo was number 00013. How freakin' cool is that?:big_grin:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
WOW! :eek:

I think mine is #908 or something like that. Cool man!

Telly

Reaction score
I don't own Animal and haven't ordered Gonzo yet (dang Paypal!). I was wondering how if the pupils removed easily or do they kinda rip and leave residue behind and all that?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't own Animal and haven't ordered Gonzo yet (dang Paypal!). I was wondering how if the pupils removed easily or do they kinda rip and leave residue behind and all that?

It all depends on the the poser you will get. The left one came off pretty easy. The other was difficult to get off. But I did get it off and then used some Goo Gone and it cleared it all up. Then I put the new pupils on.

muppetguy

Reaction score
My Opinnion

Hello all. I have to say, imo, out of all three posers, I was happier and more excited after seeing Gonzo after lifting the box cover off. At first, I just stared as well, in awe at how amazing he looked. Don't get me worng, I was totally excited for Kermit and Animal, but Gonzo, even with the different materials 'issue', was like...that is the little blue guy. He looks so like Gonzo, more in person than on pics. I hope I'm making sense here. I just hope, everyone who still isn't sure on purchasing him, purchases him. I don't think you'll regret any penny of it! :concern:

Now bring on the Bear and Pig!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Hello all. I have to say, imo, out of all three posers, I was happier and more excited after seeing Gonzo after lifting the box cover off. At first, I just stared as well, in awe at how amazing he looked. Don't get me worng, I was totally excited for Kermit and Animal, but Gonzo, even with the different materials 'issue', was like...that is the little blue guy. He looks so like Gonzo, more in person than on pics. I hope I'm making sense here. I just hope, everyone who still isn't sure on purchasing him, purchases him. I don't think you'll regret any penny of it! :concern:

I am still waiting for mine but I understand what you mean. I think it might be down to the fact that Gonzo is unlike any other Muppet, plus the hideous plushes we have had to put up with for 20 odd years make this new replica look so much better. Kermit and Animal toys and puppets have been available in the past, some of which looked pretty good. But the Gonzo ones! :embarrassed:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are step by step instructions at the bottom of the Gonzo Review that explain a simple method. I still have to give props to MuppetCaper for that pupil material. There's a link to it within the instructions.

That is exactly it. Gonzo is so amazing! I can't imagine anyone not falling instantly in love with this product (aside from the easily forgotten netting and the need for simple pupil correction). I think people will regret not getting Gonzo. :concern:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Once again, I am happy that so many of you are thrilled with him.

But...

Doing modifications on a $20 Palisades toy is one thing, but having to do modifications on a $300 "replica" is just unacceptable.

Many of you on here are artists, puppeteers and puppet builders and possess the skills to "fix" these, but many others aren't and don't.

Although we've only met briefly, I consider Anthony a friend, so I don't want him to take any offense at this, but I think he should have rated Gonzo slightly lower because you have to do the work yourself to make it right.

If he was a $300 kit, well, that would be a different story. Then I would expect to do the work myself, but that isn't the way he's being marketed or sold. And you shouldn't have to make excuses, "If you blur your eyes just right, you hardly notice the netting." Or, "You get used to it after a while."

After everything I've seen, those are still my thoughts.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I personally and passionately don't think Gonzo is skippable.

Once again, I am happy that so many of you are thrilled with him.

But...

Doing modifications on a $20 Palisades toy is one thing, but having to do modifications on a $300 "replica" is just unacceptable.

Many of you on here are artists, puppeteers and puppet builders and possess the skills to "fix" these, but many others aren't and don't.

Although we've only met briefly, I consider Anthony a friend, so I don't want him to take any offense at this, but I think he should have rated Gonzo slightly lower because you have to do the work yourself to make it right.

If he was a $300 kit, well, that would be a different story. Then I would expect to do the work myself, but that isn't the way he's being marketed or sold. And you shouldn't have to make excuses, "If you blur your eyes just right, you hardly notice the netting." Or, "You get used to it after a while."

After everything I've seen, those are still my thoughts.
You are right. I will tread lightly due to my already noted passion on the issue. In all this is a great item. My favorite poser and I love it very much! :flirt:

I agree with the review and Anthony's opinion from my perspective, but others will likely take issue with Gonzo. I did provide that easy pupil correction. You know better than the rest of us that Muppet pupil placement is best done individually by hand.

I don't support the reasoning that such product quality is easier with an inexpensive action figure than an extremely expensive authentic replica. In the end the consumer shouldn’t have to consider factory issues on such a touted high-end item and a take-it-or-leave-it angle isn’t an acceptable approach either.

I understand the nose issues an it doesn't bother me anymore. The pupil placement is easily fixable, but should have been necessary. The eyes are central to this product. The location of the pupils is nearly a centimeter off in some replicas! That's honestly not in the ballpark. It’s not enough just to hit the white of the eye. :insatiable:

Mass producing a Muppet is impossible, but better quality in this area is not. I am glad Travis has now taken charge of the Muppets brand. Go Gonzo! He’s starring at me right now and looks darn real to me...now. :concern:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I don't support the reasoning that such product quality is easier with an inexpensive action figure than an extremely expensive authentic replica. In the end the consumer shouldn’t have to consider factory issues on such a touted high-end item and a take-it-or-leave-it angle isn’t an acceptable approach either.
I didn't mean to imply that product quality was easier with an inexpensive action figure. The point I was trying to make was that as the dollar amount for the item goes down, so does one's expectations of accuracy.

As for how they could have assured better eye placement, how about a template that would fit over the eyeballs with a vertical piece coming down from the top (inside the "white" portion of the eye) that ended exactly where the pupil should be placed. I'm just spitballing off the top of my head, but there has to be a better way to quality control it.

And one last thing, I think they've opened themselves up to the harsh criticism they've received by their very name... "Master Replicas".

:stick_out_tongue: