Your Thoughts: Ed Sullivan Muppets Magic DVD

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I hope that around Xmas ,they'll release a DVD With The Great Santa Claus Switch with the remaining 5 appearances

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Woman!woman!

The John Denver and The Muppets: A Rocky Mountain Holiday DVD is Closed Captioned !

Hope it helps !

its a great DVD, Even with the edit.

see ya

HerryGrail

Reaction score
OK, now I'm hearing it's been delayed again. Both the Best Buy I stopped at this morning and the Suncoast I called afterward went to their computers and said the date's been moved another two weeks.

Does anyone have any news? (Or has anyone found one?) Amazon is saying it ships in two to three days, which sort of sounds suspicious.

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
Warrick said:
The John Denver and The Muppets: A Rocky Mountain Holiday DVD is Closed Captioned !

YAYY!!!! It's on my Christmas list already! :big_grin:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I wouldn't think the song would be that expensive either, but I do know that licensing songs is a very serious business. When even singing Happy Birthday on the air costs upwards of two grand.
Those two little old ladies who own the rights to that song are stinking rich! LOL

Who'd of thought that song wasn't in the public domain?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
HerryGrail said:
OK, now I'm hearing it's been delayed again. Both the Best Buy I stopped at this morning and the Suncoast I called afterward went to their computers and said the date's been moved another two weeks.

Does anyone have any news? (Or has anyone found one?) Amazon is saying it ships in two to three days, which sort of sounds suspicious.
Amazon is apparently shipping this. I checked for it at a local DVD store and while they didn't have it in stock they were under the impression that it could be ordered immeadately.

I think the big chains like Best Buy, Future Shop, etc. often have product shipped from a central warehouse and not the manufacturer or distributor. The DVDs have to be sent to the chain's warehouse, processed, shipped to individual stores, then received at those stores and stocked (put on the shelves). That's a process that can take up to two weeks.

Again, I'm not sure if this is the answer, but I used to work for a large national chain and that was how most products were ordered and shipped.

HerryGrail

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll keep looking. I hate to order from Amazon and then find it somewhere before theirs gets to me.

Anyone seen it in-store, anywhere??

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Is it being widely released? I had the impression it was more of a specialty/limited release. I haven't seen it here, but then I had trouble finding Kermit's Swamp Years in a Canadian store!

Lu775

Reaction score
Buck, I haven't seen the Ed Sullivan DVD here yet, but I'm lookin'.
(Walmart has recently picked up the Kermit's Swamp Years DVD, and they're selling it for around $20 I think. Much better than the $30 I paid when I bought it at VideoFlicks.)

P

Philo and Gunge

Phillip Chapman said:
I don't have the Rocky Mountain DVD yet. Maybe someone else can confirm whatever or not it includes close captioning.
It is Phil. In English and French.