Your Thoughts: Ed Sullivan Muppets Magic DVD

Erine81981

Reaction score
I haven't seen it here eaither. But we end up getting stuff way past the due. The only thing I've seen thats been out on the due dates r the Futurama and Simpsons DVDs. But everything else takes longer so I go....*runs outside* ABILENE!!! *runs back inside* And thats how I get it sooner. Oh HerryGrail i like ur avatar. Neat. So do u have that Herry puppet?

Michael_D33

Reaction score
It wasn't at Best Buy here in Charlotte, NC. I called up Media Play and they said they had over 600 in wharehouse, so I should try back later in the week - the guy thought the release date might just be later, but why if it is in their wharehouse??

So, I'm not sure what the delay is, but I'm sad! :frown:

Hi, I'm new to the board, although I've been visiting Muppet Central for a few monthsn now.

anymuppet

Reaction score
Ahhhh! Has anyone noticed that Amazon.com has changed their "usually ships" time for Muppets Magic from 2-3 days to 10-14 days??? :confused: :eek:

What's going on with this DVD??? :grouchy:

HerryGrail

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Oh HerryGrail i like ur avatar. Neat. So do u have that Herry puppet?
Thanks Erine81981! I collect all the 70's hand puppets from Child Guidance and Vicma (among other things!), and finding Herry was always at the top of my list. When I finally found him, I felt like Sir Galahad discovering the Holy Grail! So I found a painting of the good knight and...well, you can see the rest. Something about this puppet suggests a "real" Muppet more than any of the others, especially when you "put him on." I think it's because all parts are similar to the original's material, including a soft nose instead of a rubber one. That he's extremely rare counts too.

As for this DVD, I see that CD/Video Universe still has it at 1-2 days, while Amazon has posted another big delay. This looks like another "Grail" we're all after!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I thought the DVD was spectacular!! I just got it yesterday and watched it from beginning to end and was delighted with every minute of it. I can only hope in the future more early T.V. work of Jim's will surface on DVD somewhere. I thought the colors and picture quality was superb and I'm glad they had the audio options since I still don't have a home theater and rely a lot on the 2.1 stereo sound option. :smile:
Quick question though, at the end of one of the skits, (forget which one at the moment, forgive me), when Jim comes out to take his bow a blonde puppeteer also comes out. Does anyone know who this is?
Melissa

anymuppet

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
I thought the DVD was spectacular!! I just got it yesterday
Hey Melissa! Do you mind if I ask where you got your copy? Did you order it online or get it in a store? I've been searching in the NY area since Tuesday and nobody seems to have it in stock. :eek:

Thanks for the info!

-Cathy

MelissaY1

Reaction score
anymuppet said:
Hey Melissa! Do you mind if I ask where you got your copy? Did you order it online or get it in a store? I've been searching in the NY area since Tuesday and nobody seems to have it in stock. :eek:

Thanks for the info!

-Cathy

Hi, Ho, Cathy!
I ordered mine from Amazon.com Was very happy with how fast it shipped. You may want to try them. I actually haven't looked in any NY stores so I'm personally not aware of how available it is. I hope you manage to get a copy soon! It's worth every penny.
Melissa

anymuppet

Reaction score
Curses! :mad:
I knew I should've ordered through Amazon! I just got my Storyteller and Rocky Mountain Holiday yesterday in the mail from them. I could be watching my Muppets Magic right now.... :cry:

Ah well, I'll go place my order now. Thanks again Melissa! :smile: