Your Thoughts: Forum Ads

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I love having the radio banner back on top, but I'm really not liking the ads in the middle of threads. I dunno, just something about it seems off to me. I think I'd prefer having them at the bottom of the page. Maybe above or below the Quick Reply box?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I do agree with Ryan, I think it almost breaks up the thread too much and makes it seem like the thread stops when the ad pops up. Just my thoughts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... First off, thanks for returning the MC Radio banner to the top of a thread's given page. Makes it easier to find up there. But I agree with Ryan "Prawny" and Beth, the ads in the middle are off-putting to me. It breaks up the continuity of the messages when reading a thread's contents. It might be better to put them at the bottom once again, either after the last post of a thread's page or after all the posting rules.
Hope this helps somewhat and hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have to agree, the ads are a little intrusive to the flow of the messages. I think they could work at the bottom. Thanks and have a Happy Day After Thanksgiving! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I see the ads now, and yes agree with the others that it's a bit too intrusive. They still catch the eye at the bottom and fit neatly there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thinner...

If the ads could somehow be thinner as are the blue bars atop each post. I know that's not much, but it is less intrusive and integrates the advertisement more. :wink:

If that blue bar that reports the advertisement was in fact the ad itself and reported "more information below" or "click for more information" that could work best. It would take reformatting and I'm not sure if that could be done with the forum set-up but it would probably be the best way to pepper ad banners mixed in the forum posts. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... Thanks for placing the ads at the end of a thread's given page's posts. Goes to show that this place listens to its members when it comes to important retinkering or retweaking details.
Keep up the great work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes that's right. We're an unofficial fan site even though we have relationships with the respective official companies represented.
Well, I just assumed because of said relationships, the fact you guys have a domain name, and you've mentioned that you have to pay a lot of money to keep MC up and running that it was an official site... heck, the minute you pay for something (domain name, more bandwidth, more webspace, etc), it's considered official in my book.

*Shrug* Just my thoughts, anyway...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks for changing everything back Phill!
:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Phil... Thanks for placing the ads at the end of a thread's given page's posts. Goes to show that this place listens to its members when it comes to important retinkering or retweaking details.
Keep up the great work.
I'm still seeing them in the middle. I must be working on some kinda delay, lol

:eek: