Your Thoughts: Forum Ads

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, Luke. I'm still seeing them in the middle, too. I do like it much better with the ads at the bottom of the page, also, though...

Erine81981

Reaction score
It is kinda of weird but i don't like to bug people about chaning stuff back. But it'll be fine with whatever anyone wants. But thanks agian for the update Phil. Your doing a wonderful job and keep it up. :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve created a new template scheme we’re testing now without ads in the middle of threads. In order to do this though an ad had to be placed at the top of the page with the MC Radio banner now above the quick reply box. We’ll probably go with this one unless the majority prefers the way it was previously.

Luke

Reaction score
I think the ads look quite good at the top, eyecatching and well integrated.

The other ad banner, the large one underneath the Amazon search box never seems to work here. I always get a big white rectangle. Maybe a coding problem or something.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Phil... Hate to say it, but this seems to me like a bad reversal. Now the MC Radio banner is at the very bottom of the page, just before the Quick Reply link. To me, it felt much better when the radio banner was at the top of the page. Perhaps it would be best over all if the radio banner came first, then followed by the ads, then the posts in a thread. Otherwise, I'd say leave the radio at the top, the posts, then the ads.
Dunno... Maybe a poll's needed to gage forum sentiment on this issue? Just my 2 cents.

Teenager's

Reaction score
I agree.

The one at the top is sorta annoying. It takes up a lot of room and sort of throws me off. The radio ad is much thinner and I feel it would be a better placement at the top. Whenever the larger ad was at the bottom I liked that more.

But I also did think the ads after every 7 posts was too distracting.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I agree with the radio being down at the bottom. I like it better at the top of the threads. And the ads really don't bother me inbetween the threads. So whatever happens....happens.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's not that big a deal, but I do think the radio's better at the top. Lol, sorry for all the comments, hopefully it'll all get worked out soon. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey Phil, I know you have alot of kinks to work out so I won't nag too much. But I'm seeing alot of ads that aren't muppet related, which I don't remember seeing before. Just wondering if this was something you changed? I was sort of shocked to see a link for Gilmore Girls box sets, among alot of other random things.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Personally, I like the adds on top, but I also prefer the radio on top. My ideal display would be radio, then adds, then posts. But like Pepper said, I know you've got a lot to work on, so whatever you end up doing is fine with me.
The reason I looked up this thread though was also a concern about the adds. Besides seeing some irelivant adds, (I think Pepper may have seen more than I did), I'm seeing some adds that I just can't believe! I saw an add for a Palisades penguin 2 pack, Quilting with the Muppets, and a 15 inch Bunsen doll. Are these all Amazon adds?