Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 2

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Got my set at Wal*Mart first thing yesterday, well, when I got off from work that is. Was only $38.74, and they only got 4 copies!!!

Not enough to spread the word methinks, but hopefully the other fans in my town will be able to pick one up.

Watched the bonus disk first, sad about Jerry. His wife must be one tough cookie to be able to hold it together for what looked to have been a long interview (cut into segments of course). Like everybody else, loved the memorial rendition of "Follow Me" that the performers sang, very moving. The wife and I laughed a lot during Travelling Matt's bits from around the world. And I even told her about the lighthouse, how Kermieuk got to talk to the owners a little 'bout Fraggle Rock.

Awesome set overall, watched the first couple shows, and maybe 3 or 4 a week until I'm ready to watch my new favorites for a second time! :excited:

JRawkSteady

Reaction score
Best Buy didn't have copies in on Tuesday, but I went directly to Virgin Megastore afterwards and they DID have it in. So far, I'm loving it! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just for FYI, I did see two copies at a Barnes and Noble today.

Foodie

Reaction score
Best Buy Bonus?

Hi,
Does anyone know if Best Buy has a bonus...umm... anything to go along with FR Season 2? Perhaps like the way they had that bonus CD-ROM packed in with their Fraggle Rock Season 1 DVD set? Anyone know? I haven't heard anything myself. :smirk: :excited:

Nick

Foodie

Reaction score
Kathryn Mullen

I think Kathryn Mullen ( a.k.a. Mokey ) was present during Mr. Balsam's updated version of " Follow Me " during the Jerry Juhl tribute. Was that her? . I've been kinda worried she became a recluse or something.:smirk: :excited:

Nick

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I've been watching quite a bit, and I think HIT has done another great job with this set. It's wonderful!

Just like last fall, I think it might be a really nice gesture to send a short note to HIT thanking them for the great Season 2 set, for continuing Fraggle seasons on DVD and to let them know we're all eagerly awaiting an equally great Season 3 set.

HIT Entertainment
Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock SEASON SETS)
PO Box 9000
Allen, Texas 75013

:smile:

KatieMokey

Reaction score
I think it's great, just waiting on the last two seasons. The series finale is always a tear jerker for me, and I can't wait to have it on DVD. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Finally got it today. Thank goodness. Watched most of the bouns features and two episodes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yay! It came in the mail! Yay!!!!

Ok, so far all I've watched is "Fraggle Wars", Steve' Home Movie and the Season 2 overview.

Thankfully, "Fraggle Wars" was the fantastic episode I hoped it would be. For anyone who doesn't know...

SPOILERS

Mokey and Red are on camping trip and Mokey discovers a group of Cave Fraggles who are mean and have no sense of humor. They capture her and lock her in a cage. The Rock Fraggles (that's our guys) and the Cave Fraggles nearly go to war over their differences.

The anti-war and anti-prejudice themes are great of course. But also, there was the sense that the Rock Fraggles represented a free and equality society, whereas the Cave Fraggles lived under a dictatorship, something we in the real world can identify with. At one point while she's in the cage, Mokey sings, "pity the soul that's not free." She's not just talking about herself, locked in a cage. She's speaking for the Cave Fraggles and anyone else who's not free to think for themselves. It was very moving.

One more thing, as the episode starts we see Red and Mokey camping out, discussing how exciting they are to be out exploring on their own. Mokey slyly asks Red why they seem to have gone exploring in the OPPOSITE direction of Gobo (you know, implying that Red did that on purpose). It was interesting, I don't think I saw such a deep conversation between the characters in the first season. This was an indication of how the series was starting to mature.

Steve's Home Movie was great, it was very generous of him to include it. In a way, Richard got his moment in the Bonus Features after all, despite obviously not being able to do the main interviews. It was also good to see Kathy Mullen.

Season 2 overview was good, not as intimate or as long as Season 1, but that makes sense. People's schedules are probably very busy. Only thing, you didn't really feel Jim's presence like you did in Season 1, which had the Down in Fraggle Rock documentary.

angiealight

Reaction score
I was so very happy when I found a copy at Target the other day! ^_^

One of my very favorite episodes is Wembly's Egg - the first one on the first disk! Yay! Also, like many, I was moved by hearing the revised 'Follow Me' in memory of Jerry Juhl - beautiful.