Your Thoughts: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas

SNLIM

Reaction score
like many of you i really think this is a right step back to how the muppets should be and (i know i'm gonna get it for this but...) away from the "swamp years". i almost died when the "moulin scrooge" act started. that and the night club scene with scooter dancing in the cage and beaker as the bouncer were by far the best. but i think one of the best things is that pepe had a large role in this and who doesn't want to see more pepe? pepe rocks! i can't wait for his figure to come out next year!

Martha

Reaction score
I loved it. I really did. This was a wonderful, Muppety special.

I loved that Kermit was over-the-top sometimes. He used to get that way; I think this was the first time I've seen Steve capture that so well. Kudos to Mr. Whitmire!

Different voices: Yes, they were a little distracting at first, but frankly, I'm so happy to see some of the older characters back, I don't care. We'll get used to them. It's taken me a while to get used to Kermit, but would I have wanted Kermit to be GONE for the past ten years? Definitely not. Same goes for the others. I think the ones that continue to bother me most are Statler and Waldorf.

Fozzie's sweet, bumbling self is back. Loved that. No more talking to his finger!

I somehow missed the Muppet fansite comment. Drat!

I wondered, when they were going the "It's A Wonderful Life" route, if Ernie and Bert were going to make cameos.

LOVED the "Christmas Story" references, as it's a favorite of mine.

Was it perfect? No. Are they headed in the right direction? DEFINITELY!

All in my humble opinion.

Martha
Who doesn't get here very often anymore

And who enjoyed the gratuitous penguins

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Very GOOD!!!! Movie!!

I loved this MOVIE even my mom and dad & bro watched ALL of it with me (I mean they DON'T hate the muppets but some times they only site and watch half a Muppet movie with me but n e wayz...) I taped it ALL I was screaming with Janice and Scooter were talking actualy i WAZ crying but more ....like a Happy Cry!! (I did 4 real) Great Story even tho my dad got confused when they where doing the flash backs LOL. But the Henson team DID a GREAT job in this one.

-- Fozzie Is Funnyer again (His is funny but NOT as funny as he was for the past 10 years) But Erica got him down pat & is SUPER Funny again

--Piggy VERY funny the Muln Scrooge thig that was sooooo Funny!!

-- Janice & Scooter: Janice was a LITTLE too deep BUT i'll take it, Scooter ALL most like Mr. Hunt's But still GREAT too see them both talking after 10 years!!!

-- Sam : I won't go there, But who ever did him he needs some work to do still, but nice to se him talking again too!

--Gonzo: Amy (or what ever) the Danceing Brick LOL we ALL laughed our butts off! LOL

--the Big "HappY" (hint) Man pig: Im NOT going there but pinching the man's butt....

--Beacker & Hunny-due(?): I laughed when Beacker waz Buff and Hunny-due with with that little thing going under his chin.LOL

and I can't 4 get...

--Pepe: Him & likeing the bad guy...Oops i mean girl FUNNY and even more funny wjen he fell in her boobs. ****!!!Hahahahah LOL

Later - Stevie °o°

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
I just wanted to ad a few more things i didn't put in before. I'm already almost through the film again and have to say I enjoy it even more now.

For the nacres this isn't Veggie Tales. The Muppets have never been that. When watching Pepes "Fantasy" critically i didn't believe there was anything that any child would implied as anything more then Pepe wants to cuddle and kiss with this woman, as an adult we caught the sexual context of it. To me that’s the spirit of the Muppets humor, stuff kids will find silly (Like a 5 year old wouldn't find Pepes speech funny) and adults get the joke.

BTW am I the only one who wondered when Dock Hoppers became a fast food restaurant?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i'm guessing in that alternate reality, doc hoppers came a big hit around the year tmm came out....

i know everyone has their own favorite character but i enjoyed scooter. brian henson had scooters personality in tune. i was laughing when piggy forgot what song she was supposed to sing in the moulan scrooge act and scooter had to come out and tell her the song! thats the typical scooter everyone knows...

ryan

Luke

Reaction score
Lots of people are saying stuff about the Theatre and they thought it was cool so would like to see it again. If you remember 8-10 months or so back a rumor was posted on the new Fox show (by yours truly) that the Todd's would be using a Muppet Theatre as the main set - well it seems that this is the same set (or at least an early version of it) they've used in the movie so it will be seen again i should think.

From what i've heard, Eric's voice for Piggy and Fozzie is still very off - even to Hensons standards. I think it gets better project by project so with time either people will get used to it, or he'll nail the pitch. I think it's better to have the characters on screen than not at all though and Piggy was only occasionally used upto a while back. The only way these guys adjust it is by practice and trust me, they are more paranoid about viewers noticing the difference than even you - they carry pocket dictaphones with Frank's voices on and even play them back when looking at the rushes to make sure the pitch and tone is right. So yeah, just give em time.

I haven't seen all this movie - just a couple of clips a while back and i'll probably save the movie tape for xmas eve but it's good to hear the penguins were given lots of screen time (now there's a case of penguin gratuity but Henson have a special license to do that so the protest groups can calm down). Also good to see Cory back - i think it's about the Muppet community as a whole and being part of it, wherever that may be. I also hope that at some point there will be a site where everybody can get back together again but i hope the community is not, and will not ever be about just one site and we can get along as people and i'm sure that the people will be happy enough to support all sites in the future.

I have good feelings about the christmas movie but i think we can get carried away with ourselves - just because this project is half decent it doesn't mean that next year will be great, or they will ultimately get the same publicity burst they've got this year. There's literally tons of things to be done before you really see the Muppets back in full flow - call this movie a taster - not least there's the sale to be got through yet and that's the main thing that everything else hinges on.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
One of the lines seemed to reflect the current position of the company. "It will always remain the muppet theater no matter who owns it". They've now seemed to prove it, even with a different company owning them, and being up for sale for another company, throughout all of this, despite what some feel about the "new edginess" or new performers, they have still remained the same Muppets.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: A new season of hope

Originally posted by beaker
Emmy: Well, not one but two mentions of 'Muffins' in regards to the Muppets.
Two? Wow. I only heard the one!

BTW, welcome back!

:big_grin:

ComedianSaBear

Reaction score
I personally think this is the best Muppets event, since the days of Jim Henson. I was always worried that when Frank Oz left, Fozzie,Piggy and Animal would be hard to replace, but i couldnt even tell the difference on miss piggy and with Fozzie, there was a tiny slight difference but otherwise great and no complaints. the doc hopper reference was great, whole other world was fantastic. i think everything was up to date. thrilled for scooter, kinda different voice but better than not being on camera, janice kinda weird but still better than not being there, heard good things outta rowlf so maybe in the future bigger role? must change sam the eagle. Should get dr teeth and electric mayhem more involved. one guy still didnt see at all was the loveable Link. Clifford was not there but i sure didnt care, i know its mean but he doesnt fit in with the muppets. great story. great voices great muppet fun