Your Thoughts: Kermit and the Muppets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

WiGgY

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I said Bill was the confirmed performer or Statler, not Animal. I said he probably performed Animal. I saw him underneath the drums.
Bill played Statler? Why not Steve? I thought Steve was the alternate.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just worked out that way. Noting magical about it. Warrick reports it came from a good source. Technically Statler is only assigned to Nelson and has no official understudy. :boo: :sing:

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
bill did do animal's voice on wed.

the fight scene on friday was filmed in the "green room" of the jimmy kimmel show.

three kermits were used to film friday's show.

jf

inturnaround

Reaction score
I enjoyed this week. I get the feeling that some people here feel that the Muppets should exist in a time warp, frozen from all external influences. I think the Muppets should (and do) reflect the show they're on.

Kermit wouldn't tell the same jokes on Wayne Brady that he would have told on Jimmy Kimmel or "I Love the 70s". I have no problem with this. In fact, I am really impressed at Steve's ability to ad lib throughout the week.

I guess a lot of people want Kermit to be "family entertainment". As some have pointed out, he never was intended to be that. Sure, he's not as blue as the Gorch Muppets, and certainly not as vulgar as Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, but Kermit has a great edge sometime that always makes me laugh.

I think a lot of people who are complaining about Kermit's treatment on the show are unfamiliar with the show and its format as well as its host. Heck, every cohost has had jokes directed at them...it's just the nature of the show. It doesn't mean Jimmy doesn't like them. It's just the kind of humor he's known for.

In short, I think that a lot of younger college age fans have been reborn with the Kermit revisit. Kermit's evolving and I, for one, am enjoying it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've seen the show before and have the same complaints with or without Kermit. I feel Kimmel is such an underwhelming host, that he tries to deflect attention from that fact in every way he can - hence the rotating co host. I have never really found him funny. It's not necessarily because he's offensive, but that he's just not that sharp. He's pretty lowsy at interviewing guests. Didn't like him on Stein, The Man Show, Crank Yankers or this new talk show. Knowing ABC's cancel-happy nature, it will probably get the axe next year.

I agree that Kermit's wit should reflect the context of his performance. Not many stars do that, but Whitmire has proven to be very good at it. Bill Barretta, appears to be one of the most spontaneous and funny of the performers these days. I wish Pepe had been on and set Kimmel straight.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
JohnFranklin said:
you may get your wish

jf
ok that I would watch and understand a lot better....either Pepe or...well Pepe....he would be perfect for Kimmel

now on Letterman, I would like to see Piggy or Johnny....as Jamie said they would keep him on his toes, and it would work out great, in my opinion..

JF, I hope you keep us updated....or I will tickle you

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Even though the thread is winding down I still want to say that yes the Muppets are for adults too and some of them smoke and drink beer but there is no way I want my Kermit sitting around guys who are talking about masturbation.

BOOO! :boo:

The new statue is so beautiful. Seeing Kermit sitting there with those idiots makes me want to run up to that TV show and take him back :big_grin:

Put Johhny or Pepe in there then I'll agree with it.

Kermit is too sweet :smile: for that junk.

Stupid direction for Kermit. Is this the new Henson company??? :grouchy:

Yuck :big_grin:

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
JF, I hope you keep us updated....or I will tickle you
if i can, i will. i have probably already said to much! i wish i could tell just a fraction of the stuff i know about...the future....

it's all good....

jf