1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Kermit's Ford Super Bowl Commercial

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Snark Blarmsten

Snark Blarmsten New Member

I loved it, and to hear the old green song again is great.
  2. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I saw it on the computer, and I thought it was absolutely wonderful!! I loved hearing Steve sing "It's Not That Easy Bein' Green" It was really nice. Although yes, it kinda is 'Jim's' song, but isn't it also Kermits song too? Either way, I loved it.
  3. Robin

Robin New Member

I thought it was just ok... I wish I would see the Muppets in more than just commercials these days...

It's sort of sad to see Kermit as a car salesman... but... then again it's nice to see the Muppets at all...
  4. swinetrekkie

swinetrekkie New Member

I'm on the Zogby poll list and they had a best Super Bowl commercial poll - obviously, I voted for Kermit.

THe streaking sheep was cute, too. I couldn't help but imagine Gonzo streaking with it.

:D
  5. Magellan

Magellan Member

my thoughts exactly, at first i was bummed Kermit was selling a car but then i guess i finally accepted that it was at least good to let people know that the muppets are indeed not dead
  6. SesameStoner

SesameStoner New Member

it was pretty good the muppetering was great...btw i thought this years super bowl commercials over all werent that good
  7. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

It's not easy being green

I though the add was great. I like seeing Kermit do impossible things. I just wish they would use a new picture of him instead of that over used shot of him with his hand to his mouth.
  8. pepestarr

pepestarr New Member

I really liked the advert. I thought Kermit was great in it and I found it quite cute
  9. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Concerning both commercials...

Reading all the post SuperBowl press releases I have concerning the SuperBowl commercials, four seem to have gotten the most press in the media:

Ford with Kermit
    Pizza Hut/Jessica Simpson/Piggy
    Budweiser
    FedEx- Caveman
    MacGyver

Before the SuperBowl, the PizzaHut commercial received a great deal of press before it even aired. More pre-game press than any other commercial that aired.

So much media was generated before and after the game concerning the commercials on the most televised game in the world. Surely you would hope that Disney executives have taken notice that two of their property (Piggy and Kermit) generated so much media buzz during the SuperBowl that you would hope that Disney has to develop a show with them now.
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find the Pizza Hut Piggy-jessica one.

However, the Kermit Ford one...*jaw hanging open*
  11. mikebackstage

mikebackstage New Member

I Love Seeing Kermit In Commercials, For Those Few Seconds The World Seems Simple Again.
  12. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

The only thing I didn't like about the commercial was that he was advertizing Fords, I'm more of a Dodge man myself, and Fords have never worked well for our family, we always had to get those stupid clunkers fixed. There we go, rant over with, lol.
  13. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

I thought the commercial was great. I thought the end where the traditional Ford blue oval was replaced by a green oval was a nice final detail.
  14. OverUnderAround

snipped this from an article..

Chicago- Feb.6, 2005

(Anne Stevens, chief operating officer for Ford's Americas division.)

"...Stevens spoke to reporters after making a presentation alongside Muppets character Kermit the Frog to promote Ford's 'green' image."

Seems Kermit was at the Chicago auto show yesterday. There was no other mention of Kermit in the article.

I have to admit, this is weird. Kermit belongs to Disney and he's at a press conference along side some Ford executive doing non-Muppet promotions. Somehow it seems so wrong.

------------------------

Also....
    Just found this link, it has a picture of kermit at the autoshow with Basketball player Magic Johnson.
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/UPDATE/602080449
  15. Magellan

Magellan Member

ford is supposed to have a new green image, as in more environmentally friendly? thats hecka awesome, why didn't they mention that in the commercial, then it would have all made sense

oops, the commercial was for a hybrid, silly me, i guess everyone was just so excited to see kermit we all missed what they were actually selling besides a car
  16. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

WOw! I saw it when I was whatching "Lost" last night. Yup, it was played during the first comercial break. I was like, WOW! I THOUghT IT WAS ONLY FOR THE SUPER BOWL! And yay! there it was!
  17. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Yeah, Kermit is part of a whole big year-long ad capaign with Ford.
    "After the Super Bowl, Ford Escape Hybrid ads featuring Kermit will appear throughout the year, including on hit shows such as American Idol (Fox), CSI: Miami (CBS) and the Barbara Walters Academy Awards Special (ABC). Print ads will appear in influential automotive-enthusiast magazines, business publications, and newsweeklies. Digital advertising will appear on ESPN, MSN, America Online, and the Washington Post. "
  18. OverUnderAround

Besides TV appearances, it will be interesting to see if Kermit continues the 'live' appearances around the country for Ford, as he did yesterday in Chicago.
  19. I loved the commercial, it was just plain amazing. To see Kermit doing all of those things for the first time . . . I watched it over and over. Now I know Jim made Kermit 'alive', but this commerical with all the CG and great puppetry has taken Kermit to a new level IMHO. It is enhanced puppetry. I had no problem with Steve's voice. It was the coolest Muppet thing I have seen in a while, since last year when I saw Muppet 3D (which was filmed years ago).
  20. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I have to agree with anyone who said this was amazing I can not stand cgi but this whatever they did was amazing and perfect I didn't see it on tv yet but watched it online and after it ended I said wow! they did so much in such a small comercial it makes me excited to see what they could do in a big time movie!