Your Thoughts: Kermit's Ford Super Bowl Commercial

itchekadoozy

Reaction score
Kermit's Song

I don't think of it as steve singing jim's songs. I think of it as kermit singing kermit's songs.

Just a thought.

-Dovid

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
itchekadoozy said:
I don't think of it as steve singing jim's songs. I think of it as kermit singing kermit's songs.

Just a thought.

-Dovid
Yeah, very true

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got to admit... it was cute, very tasteful, and probably the highlight of the ads. I even had a print one in a Time Magazine I got.

But it's not quite the racus fun of the 2002 Mastercard ads, which had everyone, even Rowlf in them. But still a nice little ad.

Anyway, every time I watch this thing for the commercials I see 3 of the commercials I've even heard about and like a million local hundai ads. even saw the horridly unfunny Thomas's english Muffins ad ("It's not a whole grain muffin anymore... it's my breakfast." Is that even supposed to be a joke?). The Jackie Chan ad was my favorite, though I didn't see it until AFTER the Superbowl.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just went to the Yahoo.com site and it had Kermit walking around then he jumps onto what I think is hood of the ford. It was pretty funny looking. Just thought ya'll would want to see it.

capy

Reaction score
OK, I'll let the Pizza Hut ad slide - although Pizza Hut and PepsiCo are evil, the ad concept and product aren't offensive unto themselves...

but Kermit selling SUVs?!? Sorry, this is offensive, as is the perversion of "It's Not Easy Being Green." I know Henson "sold out" decades ago in order to keep the brand alive, but this was a really cold slap in the face. Nice goin', Henson...

I'll bet Jim would've adored this.

Erine81981

Reaction score
That was pretty neat. I've always loved how the behind the scenes and making of the commerical. I loved it. Thank you MGov.