Your Thoughts: Kermit's Ford Super Bowl Commercial

mikebackstage

Reaction score
I Love Seeing Kermit In Commercials, For Those Few Seconds The World Seems Simple Again.

G-MAN

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like about the commercial was that he was advertizing Fords, I'm more of a Dodge man myself, and Fords have never worked well for our family, we always had to get those stupid clunkers fixed. There we go, rant over with, lol.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I thought the commercial was great. I thought the end where the traditional Ford blue oval was replaced by a green oval was a nice final detail.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
snipped this from an article..

Chicago- Feb.6, 2005

(Anne Stevens, chief operating officer for Ford's Americas division.)

"...Stevens spoke to reporters after making a presentation alongside Muppets character Kermit the Frog to promote Ford's 'green' image."

Seems Kermit was at the Chicago auto show yesterday. There was no other mention of Kermit in the article.

I have to admit, this is weird. Kermit belongs to Disney and he's at a press conference along side some Ford executive doing non-Muppet promotions. Somehow it seems so wrong.

------------------------

Also....
Just found this link, it has a picture of kermit at the autoshow with Basketball player Magic Johnson.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/UPDATE/602080449

Magellan

Reaction score
ford is supposed to have a new green image, as in more environmentally friendly? thats hecka awesome, why didn't they mention that in the commercial, then it would have all made sense

oops, the commercial was for a hybrid, silly me, i guess everyone was just so excited to see kermit we all missed what they were actually selling besides a car

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
WOw! I saw it when I was whatching "Lost" last night. Yup, it was played during the first comercial break. I was like, WOW! I THOUghT IT WAS ONLY FOR THE SUPER BOWL! And yay! there it was!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
WOw! I saw it when I was whatching "Lost" last night. Yup, it was played during the first comercial break. I was like, WOW! I THOUghT IT WAS ONLY FOR THE SUPER BOWL! And yay! there it was!
Yeah, Kermit is part of a whole big year-long ad capaign with Ford.
"After the Super Bowl, Ford Escape Hybrid ads featuring Kermit will appear throughout the year, including on hit shows such as American Idol (Fox), CSI: Miami (CBS) and the Barbara Walters Academy Awards Special (ABC). Print ads will appear in influential automotive-enthusiast magazines, business publications, and newsweeklies. Digital advertising will appear on ESPN, MSN, America Online, and the Washington Post. "

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Besides TV appearances, it will be interesting to see if Kermit continues the 'live' appearances around the country for Ford, as he did yesterday in Chicago.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I loved the commercial, it was just plain amazing. To see Kermit doing all of those things for the first time . . . I watched it over and over. Now I know Jim made Kermit 'alive', but this commerical with all the CG and great puppetry has taken Kermit to a new level IMHO. It is enhanced puppetry. I had no problem with Steve's voice. It was the coolest Muppet thing I have seen in a while, since last year when I saw Muppet 3D (which was filmed years ago).

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I have to agree with anyone who said this was amazing I can not stand cgi but this whatever they did was amazing and perfect I didn't see it on tv yet but watched it online and after it ended I said wow! they did so much in such a small comercial it makes me excited to see what they could do in a big time movie!