1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Kermit's World Tour

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by MRCUSTOMERCARE, Aug 21, 2007.

1. MRCUSTOMERCARE

MRCUSTOMERCARE New Member

2. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

I loved the Las Vegas pictures - the others are kinda less iconic/identifiable (at least in my mind), and I'm wondering if it was actually a "world" tour, or whether it was Kermit's US tour?

I also think one of the reasons I liked the Las Vegas pictures so much is that the frog was "fresher" in Vegas. I think he's starting to look a little worse for wear in the recent pictures (and people need to pay attention to making sure his collar is straight!)
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm enjoying Kermit's Tour, but a few ideas...

:) The Vegas pictures were fun and Kermity. I much enjoyed them.

Kermit appears to be grimacing in every photo from Dallas. I am a native Texan (from Houston, so I'm excited that's the frog's next stop) and I know Dallas doesn't smell all that bad. Maybe Kermit is reacting to the unfortunate funk of the hospital (they always smell too clean).

Also, there was a news report I spotted on YouTube where a very static Kermit was being wheeled around. I'm afraid that sort of footage deminishes Kermit by reducing him (as the "official Kermit") into a doll. This only happens with the video footage. Just concerned as a fan. :eek:

I am excited about MR's Muppet line and hope to collect them all! Hands down the best Muppet stuff ever! :concern:
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I'm waiting for his trip to Memphis! We have a LOT of plans for his visit here, and probably too much to get into just one report--but I'll try! All my friends are wanting to be involved, so here's hoping for a ton of fun!
  5. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

I've been enjoying it. Although, he does seem to be grimicing more than he may need to.
  6. Fozzie Bear

That'll be fixed during the pictures from the Memphis visit. We're going to have fun.

Last night I talked to my friend, Di Anne Price, a blues performer, and she's looking forward to seeing him next Wednesday night (the whole piano club is) for photo op's.

BTW: www.dianneprice.com so you can hear clips. She's wonderful.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

8. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Maybe he IS displeased../.... just kidding .... sorda...
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I agree with you about the face -- it just looks like he isn't having any fun on the tour (and doesn't look like the Kermit I know) :)
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

At least we know the Memphis photos will give the frog some justice. Kev will probably see to that. I'd like to see what happens if/when Fozzie, Animal and the gang make their travels. :o
  11. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

While on one hand Kermit making local news is good, on the other the fact that he's being referred to as a doll, and is not looking at his best, is not really presenting the Muppets in the best light. Personally I'd prefer it is any "public appearances" were by a Kermit that speaks and interacts with others.
  12. Fozzie Bear

Well, the last visit delayed him. Kermit didn't make it to Memphis today, but when we get him we've still got a lot of goodness planned!

The trip to Graceland is happening too late at this point and the Elvis Costume has had to go back to the original owner, so Kermit won't be wearing the jumpsuit (maybe). I'm trying to remedy that.

Yes, when Kermit gets here, we're going to have such fun!
  13. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Can't wait to see what you all get up to over there. ;)
  14. Fozzie Bear

Kermit arrived!

What fun! Can't wait til after work to go running through town today!

Or, hopping.
  15. Java

Java Active Member

Oh, Fozzie, I'm so jealous that you're going to get to have so much fun...
  16. Fozzie Bear

We had a flat on our journey today, but you'll read all about it at MR.

We did get what I consider to be THE MOST poignant image I think this tour will ever see. It made my friends and I a little teary, and they aren't even as big a fans as me. It was an opportunity in Leland, MS, and the thought hit my head. Originally, it was just going to be for me, but I have to share this image with everyone now.

All my friends are involved on this visit to Memphis, but it's become a bit more of a Mid-South and Mississippi Delta tour at this point. Kermit is DEFINITELY having fun, and we're having a blast!
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

As Kermit would say,"Oh, good!" :)

I wonder what this picture's gonna be? Quite excited. Thanks, Kev! :o
  18. Fozzie Bear

In the midst of all the travels and such, plus I got around one of my friends, I've caught cold.

However, we're pressing on. All my friends have become involved in this project and that's pretty awesome. It's a big help for sure.

I think we're setting a new standard for photographing the photo props! I hope, anyway. It helps being a puppeteer, I think.

Anyhow, as much horn-tootin' as I'm doing I hope I'm right.

All the fans are going to totally be touched by two of the pictures for sure, the rest are going to be pretty spiffy-keen as well.

I can't wait to share them!
  19. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

It's not hard to take a picture of the puppet. Just think like the puppet and you will get great results. Or just look at the photo's done of the Muppets. Study some of the poses that have been done over the years by the pro's. I am a photographer, so when I learned and study how to get good pictures, I got good results! It just takes a little time to get it right is all. :)
  20. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your photo spread Kev! I'm sure The Kerm had a lot of fun with you guys, hope he didn't catch your cold! LOL.

Just checked out Kermits' pics from Puerto Rico. Maybe he's the one who got you sick with Mad Pigeon disease? Hee-hee.

Bananas,
    :)
    Anthony